I really like this song, so I decided to give it a shot. I've been having classical singing lessons for the best part of a year now, and I'm sorta getting the hang of them, but correct singing is very hard... Listening to signed bands, I can't pick out many who have well-trained vocalists.

I sorta tighten up a bit on some high notes, but hey, I think crappy high notes are the new craze (you heard the new Dashboard Confessional song?!), so enjoy.

http://benwatson.dmusic.com/

Kit used: Shure PG58 microphone -> Behringer UB1002 mixer -> Creative SoundBlaster Extigy line-in.

I recorded the guitar and vocal parts separately, and added some light reverb/stereo effects to both layers.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
not bad.. and since u layered it, you could've added those backing vocals like the studio version

good jerb
vocals were rough in the chorus, and decent in the verse. Guitar was good, not that its very complicated but still nice to see it done well.
I didn't know there were backing vocals. I've just based it on the acoustic versions on Youtube.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
I didn't know there were backing vocals. I've just based it on the acoustic versions on Youtube.

check it out then, its from 'If we could only see us now'.... it has violin and stuff
Not heard the song. I like the vocals, sounds like you've put expression into it. The guitar is solid, easy, but still solid. C4C?
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Lessons will help, especially if u do scales,, but practicing on your own and never giving up is what u need more then anything
I couldnt sing a high c or anything close 1-2 years ago, but now i can do iris, the kill (30 stm), hate me(blue october), and some u2, and that craps high, never thought i could

The potential is there for lots of voices, if they PRACTICE. I mean like 1-2 hours a day for 800 days.
Work to live, not live to work.
oh ya one more thing
on guitar
Speed is a product of accuracy.
I guess on vocals you could say
High notes is a product of practice.

Thats all there is to it, sing every day for 2 years and your vocal chords will stretch, and become stronger, probably even within 3-6 months you'll notice a huge difference.

The more you do anything the better you get at it!! including sex!!!
Work to live, not live to work.