I'm not really sure that this goes here, but since I'm looking at a bass, it's where I decided to go. Has everyone had good expectations fulfilled when they bought their bass online w/o playing it firsthand? I'm looking at the Ibanez Iceman bass or the Fender Standard P-bass and I haven't played the Iceman in person yet. I'm a bit cautious. Personally, I prefer the looks of it and all that jazz. It's also about 25 bucks cheaper. So, can anyone either tell me about the Iceman, or their experiences buying things without using/playing them ever before? Am I making a mistake by wanting the Ibanez over the Fender? Help please.

Oh, and as far as my music style- I play in a punk/rock band. To give you an idea of what we play, think Offspring, Rancid, Goldfinger, etc, but also have out-of-the-genre covers like Sublime and RATM stuff.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Last edited by MX4Life at Jul 30, 2006,
I bought the bass I own now without playing it first. But then again, there was no way of playing it before I bought it considering it was a custom order.

The Ibanez iceman is a good bass. But so is the Fender P. So no matter what one you get, you will be getting a decent bass. Go with the one you like the best.

Good luck with your purchase.
uhm one quick thing, the Icemans E string i have heard has no punch to it... if i was you i would look into a standard jazz bass... i mean they are a lot more versatile, and well you can't go wrong with a good ole jazz bass
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Does anyone know if that's true about the E string? I really need that punch. I play fingerstyle and picking but when I pluck with my fingers I pluck hard, harder than I probably should. I doubt it would compensate for a punchless E string though. The reason I don't go for the jazz bass is #1- more expensive, and #2- not really my style. I've heard you can't get a good P-bass tone out of it,and even though the precision pickup has little to no versatility, I'm not looking for any. I'm really a lot more closed-minded musically than I should be, but oh well.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha