Due to changes in the laws and standards, many electronical changes are made in order to be more safe, for example, they don't make the same transformers anymore because its illegal. there are other things as well. That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about that amp and I'm sure its great, but don't think its the same amp from the 60's.
yeah i know what u mean but its not like theres any good regular marshalls out now a DAYS EXCEPT LIKE THE JCM 2000 DSL. (stupid caps lock) and if it sounds good.
Quote by Gutch220
Due to changes in the laws and standards, many electronical changes are made in order to be more safe, for example, they don't make the same transformers anymore because its illegal. there are other things as well. That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about that amp and I'm sure its great, but don't think its the same amp from the 60's.

no i figured that. now there's two versions. a regular reissue and a hand wired reissue. is it really worth all that extra money to get the handwired one?
I'm sure they are both hand wired, one probably uses a turret board and the other a PCB. IMO its not really worth it if your strapped for cash. If I was going to pay for the more expensive version I would just save a little more and buy an original.
Quote by Gutch220
I'm sure they are both hand wired, one probably uses a turret board and the other a PCB. IMO its not really worth it if your strapped for cash. If I was going to pay for the more expensive version I would just save a little more and buy an original.

well with the originals, they might not have too much time left on them. and i don't wanna buy something and have it die on me sooner. i'll try the 2 different reissues and see if there really is a difference. then i'll try to find an original and test that.
the only thing is that with original plexi's, they are more collectors pieces and not players. I wouldn't travel with them a lot or use them for a couple hours each day. I would only buy an original if you know enough about electronics to work on it.
Quote by Gutch220
the only thing is that with original plexi's, they are more collectors pieces and not players. I wouldn't travel with them a lot or use them for a couple hours each day. I would only buy an original if you know enough about electronics to work on it.

ok thanks
Go and try both of the reissue versions out, see what you think, and then find an original one to compare it to if you can.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i think its the one that malmsteen uses right, the one that doesnt look like an ordinary marshall amp, its got a sorta futuristic marshall look