hey whats up guys, this is my first GP5 song and my second real song, so critique is welcome. here it is. Thanks in advance. Cheers
Attachments:
My Second Song.zip
Last edited by GuitarManiac09 at Aug 5, 2006,
that song was pretty awesome. I cant find anything wrong with it at all. great job man!
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Great song... I cant find anything wrong with it
good solo, also
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
everything guitarwise in this song but to say the least, I can tell your not a drummer.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Stacked Actors
everything guitarwise in this song but to say the least, I can tell your not a drummer.

not in the least bit....
Pretty cool dude.

To improve it, I'd try adding some different parts to the rhythm guitar and move the solo around the fretboard more instead of just staying in one or two positions.

Good job for a composition on guitar pro though
Twas catchy, but it did get a bit repetitve. It had a good classic rock feel to it, and highly listenable. My favorite part was the acoustic bits, I thought those were very well done.

And yea, great job using GP for the first time.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
good feel, good vibe, good day to be alive
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
It had a really good feel. I liked the lead guitar. The rhythm of the chords sounded a little weird though. Overall it was pretty good.

Comment mine in my sig?
I don't have Guitar Pro... can you export it in midi?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by jakemac
That was really proffesional but I think with the solo if possible there could be a bit more fast bits I was sitting there waiting for the speedy part of the solo but it never came, but apart from that it was perfect and I really enjoyed listening to it.

Check out my first one www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408738

lol not all good solos have to be fast, take comfortably numb for instance.
Ill check your song btw. Thanks
yeah true but i mean it just spices it up a bit and bear in mind this was my first one so be light. lol.
This is a really good song. Only two problems in my eyes:

- Drums, but that's not your fault.
- Chords, if you mixed up some of the chords in the main riff with some single notes, it would be that much better.

The acoustics are awesome, as well as the solo: That kicked ass.

Very good sounding song, has great potential.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
This is a really good song. Only two problems in my eyes:

- Drums, but that's not your fault.
- Chords, if you mixed up some of the chords in the main riff with some single notes, it would be that much better.

The acoustics are awesome, as well as the solo: That kicked ass.

Very good sounding song, has great potential.

Thanks btw dude 2 posts above me, your link doesnt work.
Quote by GuitarManiac09
Thanks btw dude 2 posts above me, your link doesnt work.

It should do cos everyone else hasn't had probs. hmmm
that was ver good i lved the acoustic break at measure 61 and the solo right after ...crtit mine??? its in the sig
Quote by chinospike
that was ver good i lved the acoustic break at measure 61 and the solo right after ...crtit mine??? its in the sig

thanks
Firstly there were some great leads in there, i loved the melody in measures 37-44 and the solo was pretty nice, i liked that little run at the end too .

****loads better than my first or second songs too, but some of it was kinda boring/repatative.

Nah generally a good song IMO, 9/10 for a second song, and 6/10 on my scale - which rarely goes above seven.

Crit mine?
www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411450
www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411451
Watch out for FLOODS exploding onto the UK Deathcore scene this summer.
Quote by Incubus_Rage_27
Firstly there were some great leads in there, i loved the melody in measures 37-44 and the solo was pretty nice, i liked that little run at the end too .

****loads better than my first or second songs too, but some of it was kinda boring/repatative.

Nah generally a good song IMO, 9/10 for a second song, and 6/10 on my scale - which rarely goes above seven.

Crit mine?
www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411450
www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411451

thanks, ill look into yours.
Hey guitamaniac09, this is the really the only way I can contact you because your pm inbox is full, sorry about posting in your thread, but Im playing you in the puttsecks championship. So when do you wanna play? Im from Ireland and your from the states right? Hows it going to work if we're in different time zones? Or will we have to get it changed?
its cool, i cleaned my box out and pmed you. In case your checking this though i am ready to play from now until 9:30, it is 3:22 here central time....Cheers
I liked it alot, but like you said on mine, you like neatness. I am not really a fan of neatness, im more into avant garde stuff, i just need to get better at making it i guess >.<

lol, the second time the lead kicked in it was really awesome sounding, remindedd me of golden axe for the sega (which is a good thing)

good job man, keep it up!

-jimmypage97
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
Quote by mrmo
That was really cool.
Nice classic rock vibe to it. Cool solos and acoustic parts.
Only thing I can say is that it was a bit repetive.
Other than that, it rocks!

Crit mine?

Here

lol isnt any song without vocals though? Thanks a bunch everyone.
Hey dude, you still come on here? Anyways, mind if I remake the drum part on this? Judging from all that I heard, it's not too good. No offence... just trying to help you out. I'm horrible at coming up with good guitar parts but my friends have told me that I can make a good drum part for anything. So, I also kinda want you to test that theory out.

Oh, by the way, this is gold. Everything just fits in so well. The rhythm guitar, the acoustic, the solo, just perfect. I really don't know how else to say it...
Last edited by Orgraath at Feb 6, 2008,
Not bad... The intro part could have some help because the solo was playing and landing on notes that clashed with the chords underneath.

The solo was a little boring to be honest but also this is a little bit of a different style from what I'm used to.

Overall: not bad. Just needs some touching up here and there.

Oh and the drums, you should get someone to show you how to write them. It's quite simple once you get the feeling down really..

But yea, Keep writing and submitting stuff

Plz crit one of mine in sig? "Epic Melodic Metal" is most recent.