Page 1 of 71
First of all, I hope I'm in the right sub-forum with this, if not then... sue me

A similar thing was started last year and I grew fond of it. Now, not having been here for over a year, I'd like to see it rekindled.
Basically, what you do is you paste a guitar-chord and then other people will try to guess the chord. Whoever gets it right, gets to paste the new chord.

I'll go first. Let's start with something simple, I'm rusty and wouldn't want to embarrass myself

E:---4----
H:---X----
G:---4----
D:---4----
A:---6----
E:---4----

Anyone?
Correct.

Also, this has been tried lots of times.. Lots of times it died, please don't let it die this time
Correct indeed, Abm7was what I meant, but they're the same... I shuold hereby mention that some chords can overlap... same notes, different names, so if someone guesses your chord and it's not "correct" just look it over just in case .

John, go.
^Yeah! I love this game.

E|---x----|
B|---0----|
G|---2----|
D|---1----|
A|---x----|
E|---1----|

Easy peasy...
i dunno it died
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
It didn't die!!

John, check to see, if you put everything in correctly... seems to me, that there can't be such a chord :P
Quote by The Lucifer Sam
This guy has just invented the H note.

Maybe he's German.

Quote by Vigil
It didn't die!!

John, check to see, if you put everything in correctly... seems to me, that there can't be such a chord :P

Yeah, everything is correct. I was waiting for a specific answer - but seeing as I won't be here for a couple of hours or so to confirm the name I was looking for, I'll give you the name so you can move on and let someone else have a go without me holding it up.

F7b5.
Quote by The Lucifer Sam

Was that supposed to be a hint?

Anyone who gets it, don't be shy to post the answer
Quote by Johnljones7443

F7b5.

nice one... not very easy peasy...

anyone... post a new one.

(one, one)
(one)
Quote by Vigil
Was that supposed to be a hint?

Anyone who gets it, don't be shy to post the answer

Whatever.
Quote by The Lucifer Sam

Oh sorry, now I get it... you meant the H in my chord code... sorry, I'm from Estonia, we have H instead of B and we have B only when it's B flat (H flat). Sorry for the mixup

Anyhow, since noone's eager to post...

E:----2---
B:----0---
G:----0---
D:----0---
A:----2---
E:----3---
^Gmaj7.

Someone else can have my go... and don't get impatient Vigil - there aren't normally many people on at this time.
Ok, I'm cool 8)

Someone else post... whenever someone happens to view this thread.. I'll be waiting.
Easy one!

-------------
---7--------
---9--------
---9--------
-------------
---9--------

I love this chord
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Should be Vigil's turn... Em9 it was. Em7add9 doesn't exist... once there's a 7th, "add" is pointless.
Looking for my India/Django.
Amsus/A# ?!

haha

I'm off for tonight... 22:21 where I live.. if this by ANY chance shuol've been correct then, be patient and I shuold post my chord in the morning?

if this was wrong, which I suspect, then go ahead with this game, don't let it die
Last edited by Vigil at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by feltgrape
Easy one!

-------------
---7--------
---9--------
---9--------
-------------
---9--------

I love this chord
C# Minor11
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by Vigil
Oh sorry, now I get it... you meant the H in my chord code... sorry, I'm from Estonia, we have H instead of B and we have B only when it's B flat (H flat). Sorry for the mixup

Anyhow, since noone's eager to post...

E:----2---
B:----0---
G:----0---
D:----0---
A:----2---
E:----3---

All right, better now. That's interesting, I didn't know that...
Quote by Evil_Empire24-7
C# Minor11

I think its C#7th sus4

Maybe they have the same notes i dont know.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

^nope, it still has the third in it. i'm pretty sure it was in fact a c#m11. now tackling elven's one, hrmm. i wanna say Bbmaj9#11 lol??
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by sirpsycho85
^nope, it still has the third in it. i'm pretty sure it was in fact a c#m11. now tackling elven's one, hrmm. i wanna say Bbmaj9#11 lol??

Just looked it up.

Its F#7sus4

Its got F# C# B and E in it.
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by sirpsycho85

Quote by feltgrape
Just looked it up.

Its F#7sus4

Its got F# C# B and E in it.

hmm, perhaps we can get someone to decide? i'm not great with these things, but i thought sus chords don't have the third.

ooh sweet, i got the other one. i'm a bit scared to do my own since i probably won't know what it's called, but here goes:

e ---
B -9-
G -8-
D -7-
A ---
E -8-
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Whoa...
Cm6+5

E|-0--|
B|-0--|
G|-11-|
D|-12-|
A|-12-|
E|-10-|

Yeah, all the strings are played.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION