i have a squire strat, i want to make the best i can of it so im thinking of putting a hot rail in the bridge possision and a scorcher in the mid possision, im goin to leave the single coil in the neck possision, would this combination be alright for someone playing blues, rock, and heavy rock. also i love to make my strings sqeel and feed back for sertain things can i still do this with these new pickups? THANKS FOR ANY HELP
TotalyHAB
ive got a hot strat; rails in the bridge, dimarzios stacked singles in the neck and mid.

i think it will work for what u want. they sound like really hot singles.
some low gain clips in my sig.

feedback also depends on the rest of ur rig.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
just to give you the other side of the argument, i think the hotrail sounds like crap.

(to jenny)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
LAF, hotrails are exactly as advertised here... hot, high output singles, that run silent.

they sure as heck dont sound like full sized humbuckers.

just to go further, stacked pups, like the dimarzio Vv heavy blues ive got in my strats mid, gives me just as much power with an even more balanced tone.

dave's just being a weenie. :p
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ haha, but yeah, agreed, they don't sound like buckers. My complaint is that they don't sound like singles either. I suppose if you take them as is (i.e. a tone all of their own) they might be ok. I just don't happen to like that "tone all of their own"....

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
**** i just put 1 in my bridge and i musta wired it wrong, it dosnt work clean and on distorshion it sounds ****ty, and i know its not just the pickup sounding like crap!!
TotalyHAB
u bought and installed it in a few hours? good for you.

how did u wire it up?

hot rails in bridge...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ haha, but yeah, agreed, they don't sound like buckers. My complaint is that they don't sound like singles either. I suppose if you take them as is (i.e. a tone all of their own) they might be ok. I just don't happen to like that "tone all of their own"....

My issue with them is they sound like nothing. They sound robotic to me. Like they take the natural tone out of your guitar. A friend of mine has them in a telecaster of his (why god why) and it completely kills the Tele tone. I hear no twangy goodness.
^ agreed, timmy. the neck version is a bit better, but most pickups sound better in the neck position- they naturally sound "sweeter".

and great diagram, jenny.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks except it shows my inept solder joints.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yea im going to take this one out and put it in the neck i hate the sound, and yes i had bad solder joints. thanks guys
TotalyHAB
Is that a genuine tupperware bowl you have your pickguard assembly on? Your pic vocabulary is expanding.

And I think the Hot Rails is overrated. DiMarzio Chopper FTW.
Hi, I'm Peter
that is an official tupperware brand, "pickguard holder."

and sorry to hear u dont like the hr in the bridge. ull probably like the more mellow neck version better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62