im getting a new ESP EX-50 and i want to install a new set of pickups on it, and i dont know which ones as i dont have much expierience of pickups. It will be played through a jay turser 15 watt solid state amp and boss mt-2. and also, i dont have a lot of money to spend on pickups, maybe £100/ $180 at most, probably less

EDIT: also, i play mostly metal, pantera/metalica stuff, and the explorer comes with ESP LH-100 pickups installed
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Last edited by I-AM-NOT-GOD at Jul 30, 2006,
If you wanna be like James from Metallica, Get a EMG 60/81 set.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
how expensive are they?

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

depends, i think ive seen them like 80 a piece at guitar center.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
The EMG 81/60 mightn't sound great in that wood

The ESP EX-400 has a mahogany body and comes with an EMG 81/60 combination stock
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
The ESP EX-400 has a mahogany body and comes with an EMG 81/60 combination stock

yeah i know, but i cant afford it, so im getting the ex-50

Quote by Beakwithteeth

well if u can afford to throw emgs in there, your better off svaing a tad more to get it stock with them, or get a better guitar, go ahead and throw emgs in agathis..
ud be better off getting a roland cube or something to enhance your sound, emgs sound best on tube amps in my opinion, so if u want metal sound, replace your amp, itll make bigger difference then emgs would in that setup...trust me
d_byrne..whats with the triple post?

And yeah, save up to get a guitar thats made out of something other then agathis.
EMG + Agathis = Death to all tone
browser froze..sorry..it froze and i kept sending it..sorry..i deleted the 2..
for the same money you could get something way better:

this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-M-350-350-M-Series-EMG_W0QQitemZ170013528131QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33038QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-MH-300-Electric-Guitar-w-EMG-81s-mh300-Black_W0QQitemZ270012424821QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33038QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These guitars are FAR superior in every way to the guitar you wanted. Better build quality, wood quality, sound quality, etc. If you still want that body style, save up a bit more for a used ex-400.

Out of those two I would buy the second one, it already has The same pickups as Hetfields guitar. about the bridge, It might be a bit hard to use at first, but it gets alot easier as you learn how it works.
DUDE!!! r u crazy all i do is play metallica/pantera stuff.....i dropped a pair of emg 61/80s in there and it def did the trick...the only other suggestion i have is a seymour duncan dimebucker