I wanna strat bass soon, and have been looking for a cheap starter. I've heard people rave and rave about how good Agile guitars are for the money, are there basses of the same?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
strat bass? agile bass?

I've never heard of a strat bass...

anyways, to my knowledge Agile does not make basses and if they do I have never heard anyone talking about them...But, you know www.rondomusic.net right? the site that sells all the agiles and SX's, that site has some very good SX basses that are high quality for their low price...so I guess you could say SX Basses are like the equivalent of Agile Guitars...

check em out, I've heard/read many a bass player rave about these SX basses...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Yeah thats what I ment, the SX basses. So ther good? And I said I wanna start bass soon meaning I want to learn how to play bass soon.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Yeah thats what I ment, the SX basses. So ther good? And I said I wanna start bass soon meaning I want to learn how to play bass soon.

oh...the word "start" was misspelled though and it said "I wanna strat bass soon" so I thought you meant you wanted a "strat bass" as in stratocaster or something...but whatever...

And yes, these basses are definitely good..for their price range they're pretty much the best you can get....A few dudes on this forum have an SX bass and they'll vouch for that statement, I can also give you some links to some Talkbass (forum) threads where the (professional) bass players there rave about how good these basses are for the money.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
.A few dudes on this forum have an SX bass and they'll vouch for that statement

I'm one of them

i got my SX 5-string from rondomusic.net some time ago and could hardly be happier with the deal. it was about $170 and plays better than some of the more expensive ones i've tried. plus, i believe they use Alder wood a lot on the bodies (well, mine at least) so it's a featherweight, which i love. i recently went into my local Guitar Center, and every 5-string in the place was several pounds heavier than mine. and the tone's excellent for passive hardware, too.

i had to do some minor setup things, like adjusting the action and blocking one of the pickups in place, but those were just for my personal preferences. you can't play 'em straight out of the box like a Carvin, but it shouldn't take anything major to get it where you want it.
the people at Talkbass.com will vouch for em too, and as aviant stated, the only common problem a few people have with SX is the set up, and TBH, i love setting up an instrument, so for me thats no problem at all, in fact if it shreds 30$ of the price just because someone hasnt yet taken an allen key to it.. yay!