Poll: do you think Kid Thorazine is a complete idiot? look back on his posts in this thread
Poll Options
View poll results: do you think Kid Thorazine is a complete idiot? look back on his posts in this thread
Yes hes an idiot
65 83%
no i agree with him and im an idiot too
7 9%
i dont like to call people names because im emo
6 8%
Voters: 78.
Page 1 of 3
ok i know this thread has probably already been posted by someone else, because everyone has their own opinion of the greatest guitar gods, but, in spite of that, who do you think is the greateast guitar god of

A) the 60's
B) the 70's
C) the 80's
D) the 90's
E) of today

i was just wondering...i think i mine are
A)Jimi Hendrix
B)Jimmy Page
C)EVH
D)hmm...tough call...maybe Tom Morello?
E)only one left still active in a band is...Slash...oh and Zack Wylde...thats all i can think of...and tom morrello too...but...his 90s stuff was good...

anyway thats just myine whats everyone elses? i tend to forget a lot of people...and its so hard to choose for the 80's lol...angus young...steve vai...i mean come on...theres a lot of others...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
A) Hendrix
B) Uli Jon Roth OR Blackmoore
C) Randy Rhoads
D) Malmsteen (He did great stuff in the 90's)
E) Me
A) Jimi Hendrix
B) Jimmy Page (late 70s was EC)
C) Eric Clapton
D) Still Eric Clapton
E) Clapton is GOD
lol ya clapton is good
(\__/)
A) Hendrix
b) Paige
c) Clapton
D)Clapton
e) Clapton is stil good.

EC, I didn/'t copy you.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
lol why is everyone putting clapton ahead of EVH? i mean cmon clapton is good, but its EVH? i dont think theres anybody thats as good as him...except maybe malmsteen...oh well thats just me though...
(\__/)
Quote by dpunkplayer182
lol why is everyone putting clapton ahead of EVH? i mean cmon clapton is good, but its EVH? i dont think theres anybody thats as good as him...except maybe malmsteen...oh well thats just me though...

Presonally I don't EVH is all that good. All he really came up with, to my knowlage is finger tapping, and thats not much. Clapton has done so much more for shaping present music. And In my opinion he is just a better musician. I think the metal image of latter days and today is ****ed up. Im with Kurt Cobain on it, all these guys singing about there dicks and having sex and being cruel to gays and wemon and **** is sick. Look at Randy Rohods. I can't like there music is I can't like them, because it shows in there music.

true i think that Clapton is a better musician, but i think the talent goes to EVH...and thats pretty much it lol...clapton plays more melodic...plays more consistent...but i still think that EVH destroys the planet with his guitar...and what u got against Randy Rhoads man? the guy is phenominal...
(\__/)
Last edited by dpunkplayer182 at Jul 30, 2006,
A) Lou Reed
B) Joe Strummer
C) ehh guitar pretty much sucked in the 80s
D) Tom Delonge
E) that guy from Good Carlotte
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
A) the 60's - Hendrix
B) the 70's - Pete Townshend
C) the 80's - Van Halen
D) the 90's - Tom Morello
E) of today - John Frusciante/Herman lee
Kid thorazine u do realize that angus young, steve vai, EVH and clapton were all playing in the 80's right? i like the 80's best of all...and tom from blink 182? wtf!! and good charlotte are a good band...but not good guitar lol
(\__/)
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Explaine how you can say Guitar from the 80's suck then say that loser from GC is just reusing those riff's with much less talent and whineyer bitchyer lyrics?\

To guy above me:

GC are kinda emo and a little ****ty IMO. And I think he was refering to 80's Punk.

exactly zekk...i think most guitarist today suck compared to the past...except disturbed and avenged sevenfold, and some others...and all the people that have been playing forrever like zack wylde clapton slash u get the picture...
(\__/)
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
A) Lou Reed
B) Joe Strummer
D) Tom Delonge

you say guitar sucked in the eightey's when you think some fag from good charlotte is good. Anyone from the eightey's could destroy him.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
A) Lou Reed
B) Joe Strummer
D) Tom Delonge

You are fucking retarded.
Oh and make no mistake, I won't turn off the radio If I hear GC, bt I wouldn't get one of there CDs. And really. I've been play serious for about 6 months, and I can play any GC song you care to minition.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
A) Lou Reed
B) Joe Strummer
D) Tom Delonge

im taking that as a joke..as im pretty sure its a joke...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the funny thing is people are actually taking me seriously.

Can't be to sure. You could of been one of those brainless emo wannabe guitarist.

ya ive been playin aroune 3 years i could play almost anything today with one freakin hand! but if u give me stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's it might take me a long freakin time to get good enough to play it. anything steve vai or EVH play is better than any good charlotte crap guitar or blink 182...got nothing against the bands its just theres no good guitar...
(\__/)
Quote by dpunkplayer182
ya ive been playin aroune 3 years i could play almost anything today with one freakin hand! but if u give me stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's it might take me a long freakin time to get good enough to play it. anything steve vai or EVH play is better than any good charlotte crap guitar or blink 182...got nothing against the bands its just theres no good guitar...

thats kool. I coulda swarn you were serious

whats that suppesed to mean? i wasnt braggin or anything im not that good i was just sayin how sucky all the guitar is today...except metal...and hard rock...but im serious i could play most of good charlottes stuff one handed ive done it i think most people could its not hard.
(\__/)
Quote by dpunkplayer182

whats that suppesed to mean? i wasnt braggin or anything im not that good i was just sayin how sucky all the guitar is today...except metal...and hard rock...but im serious i could play most of good charlottes stuff one handed ive done it i think most people could its not hard.

Alotta metal bands from now suck too. Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, If you can call them metal. IMO they suck almost as band as GC.

Alotta metal bands from now suck too. Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, If you can call them metal. IMO they suck almost as band as GC.

dude how can u say avenged seven fold suck??? there like the best guitarists out there today...and yes i can call them metal...but i dont...lol...still avenged sevenfold rock though
(\__/)
tony iommi is one of the most underrated guitarists ever, he may not be a crazy shredder but he had awesome solos and his rhythm playing is untouchable by anyone except maybe page... oh yeha and tom morello cannot be considered a guitar god on any levels
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by Spark1284
tony iommi is one of the most underrated guitarists ever, he may not be a crazy shredder but he had awesome solos and his rhythm playing is untouchable by anyone except maybe page... oh yeha and tom morello cannot be considered a guitar god on any levels

ok tommi is good ill give him that...whatever but dont dis morello he is is good no matter how u say hes not...
(\__/)
i find his songs boring, and his "soloing" mediocre. and all those fancy tricks he does makes him more of a noisemaker than a guitarist. and plus i can understand if u wana call him a good guitarist but a guitar god?? to compare him to jimmy page, clapton, randy rhoads, and all the other greats is just blasphemy
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by Spark1284
i find his songs boring, and his "soloing" mediocre. and all those fancy tricks he does makes him more of a noisemaker than a guitarist. and plus i can understand if u wana call him a good guitarist but a guitar god?? to compare him to jimmy page, clapton, randy rhoads, and all the other greats is just blasphemy

i think hes god b/c he plays differently than anyone else there is he doenst just play with notes he plays with sound and noise...thats just me though...although i will admit hes not as good as rhoads or clapton or slash...or pretty much anyone else thats a guitar god...
(\__/)
Quote by zekk
Presonally I don't EVH is all that good. All he really came up with, to my knowlage is finger tapping, and thats not much. Clapton has done so much more for shaping present music. And In my opinion he is just a better musician. I think the metal image of latter days and today is ****ed up. Im with Kurt Cobain on it, all these guys singing about there dicks and having sex and being cruel to gays and wemon and **** is sick. Look at Randy Rohods. I can't like there music is I can't like them, because it shows in there music.

I think I speak for everyone when I say...
What...
The...

Dude. Randy rhoads is known as one of the nicest guitarists in metal. And he played guitar...as far as I know, He didnt write lyrics.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Randy Rhoads was wone of the nicest guys in the world. As was Dimebag.

Why must the good die young
Quote by CowboyUp
You are fucking retarded.

yes he is. i thought it was guitar gods to begin with? how is tom a guitar god and the guy from GC
Quote by CowboyUp
Randy Rhoads was wone of the nicest guys in the world. As was Dimebag.

Why must the good die young

thats true...todays music would be 10 times as good if dimebag was still around...at least in the guitar aspect...
(\__/)
Quote by eXor
A) Jimi Hendrix
B) Jimmy Page
C) Slash
D) Steve Vai
E) Still Steve Vai

yep...steve vai is great....im tryin to find a setup that will give me a sound like his...i love it...screaming highs with lows that arent too distortioned...its hard to find one...
(\__/)
Page 1 of 3