I have had a guitar for about 5 years now but i havent really bothered to learn to play it but now i want too i justwould like some good classic rock songs too learn that would be good for a beginner please help me

sorry if this is in the wrong section thing but i thought that the musicians could help me the most
Anything will probably be very hard, but you could try Black Sabbath - Paranoid, AC/DC - Back in Black, among other ones. Just have a look at some tabs of songs you like, and try and get into it. Learn bits of the songs seperately and try and piece them together, or even just start at learning riffs from it.
id say go for something by deep purple first (not necessarily smoke on the water- too stereotypical) but like black knight or woman from tokyo or something they generally have easyish riffs. also learn loads of ac/dc- tbh back in black probably one of the hardest they do! its all like 4 chord stuff ideal for beginners (just dont try singing it)...
Quote by stevemorseisgod
id say go for something by deep purple first (not necessarily smoke on the water- too stereotypical) but like black knight or woman from tokyo or something they generally have easyish riffs. also learn loads of ac/dc- tbh back in black probably one of the hardest they do! its all like 4 chord stuff ideal for beginners (just dont try singing it)...

i wont sing i promise
Try the chords versions of songs for right now. I was in the same position as you were a couple months ago. you will work your way up to tabs. They really don't make sense at first!
Quote by fritzbitz19
Try the chords versions of songs for right now. I was in the same position as you were a couple months ago. you will work your way up to tabs. They really don't make sense at first!
Pfft I couldn't play chords until a whole year after I started playing.

I found playing single notes much easier...
I leared ACDC and Black Sabbath kinda stuff when I started. I mean songs like Iron Man, and back in black, and hells bells, pretty easy riffs that you can work with. Zeppelins "rock n roll" is pretty easy too. Good luck.
Sabbath, Into the Void
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
acdc-back in black acdc-TNT acdc-hells bells those 3 songs are very easy to play, and fun to
Cream(eric clapton), the song is:- Sunshine of your love. First song I ever learnt! You can play it on two strings, then move to power chords. Then onto barre chords. Its easy, sounds good on electric or acoustic and you can develop it as you get better. Learn the basic 12 bar blues and there are 6 million rock songs based around that. Rage against the machine (killing in the name of) is another cool riff that ain't to hard...................good luck.....
I used to really love to play my favourite Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin songs. Play "Living Loving Maid", kupo!
smoke on the water, hotel california, iron man...
Originally posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
the ulktimate easy song is AC/DC highway to hell, the main riff is really fun when i was a beginer, try nirvana - in bloom, and for something fun go for cream- sunshine of your love !!!

^^Listen to him. Plus, It sucks just learning a few riffs with nothing else to put behind it. Here's a few good classic songs that listeners will enjoy as well. It helps if you can sing....which sucks for me

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynard. Easy to strum to, and over time you can add on little things to make it more intricate. Just 3 chords: C, G, Am

Tuesdays Gone - Skynard
Chords used: A, E, F#m, D and a G in the chorus

Have you ever seen the Rain - CCR Chords:
C, G, F, Em, Am

Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Mostly D, A, G

Cryin' - Aerosmith (starts out almost like Tuesdays Gone)
A, E, F#m, C#m, D, C, G