I have a RG320 DXQM, which has a basswood body, and I want to put a Dimebucker in it. But I've heard that these pickups don't sound good at all if your guitar is made of cheap wood. So I was wondering if it would would cut it with my RG. My other choice would be an EMG.
We're only strays.
NO pickup sounds good if ur guitar has cheap wood, but i think ud be safe with the dimebucker... and if ur gonan put in emgs u have to put in BOTH of them, u cant really just put in one cuz the output compared to passive pickups is insane, and ur neckpickup will become nonexistant
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Well I'd put in an 81 at the bridge and a EMG-HA (active alnico single coil in a noiseless humbucker housing) for clean sounds at the neck. Which humbucker would sound best in basswood?
We're only strays.
well dimebuckers are tuned for mahogany bodied guitars and are quite bright then (but it balances out). basswood is sort of in-between mahogany and alder, so its brighter but still is fairly dark at the same time. basswood isn' t necessarily cheap its just soft so it breaks easily. you could try the dimebucker in your guitar and see they might sound ok. if they don't work out i don't suggest EMGs at all (i have them in my v) they're boring compared to the dimebucker.
i reckon the dimarzio fred or dimarzio mo'joe would be a good idea for you as they are very bright and as 'harmonic releasing' as the dimebucker (and possibly more toneful) only they are made for basswood guitars (joe s's are basswood) so would work better with the wood.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
1) Dimebuckers are trash, they're really poor pickups.

2) What kind of amp do you have? If it's solid-state, don't put EMGs in.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'll check those out Archer, thanks. I'm basicly just looking for the most output possible. I love sizzling hot tone. If I had the money I'd get a Charvel EVH, that's like my dream guitar. Or I'd atleast get a duel rectifier, if I were to get EMGs that is.
We're only strays.
Quote by timi_hendrix
1) Dimebuckers are trash, they're really poor pickups.

2) What kind of amp do you have? If it's solid-state, don't put EMGs in.

+1 to that.