...and i'm leaning towards the Schecter C-1 Classic. I play mostly hard rock and metal, so I thought this guitar seemed to be the best value I could find. I'm still willing to shop around a little bit, and was wondering if anybody else had any ideas for a better hard rock/metal oriented guitar fo around $700. Thanks alot.
i love C1's, good choice if you ask me.
Youve been............ THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!!!!
Aww I want that guitar so bad...but I don't have near $700 yet. I've played it and It feels awesome and looks amazing too. I'd say go for it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Exotic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513100&src=00633

If you're leaning C-1, and want opinions, mine would be to get a C-1 Exotic. 800 dollars at this site. I've played it for about 10 hours at various Guitar Centers. It's so good, it makes me want to put off getting a desperately needed amp. The main difference is the feel. The C-1 has a neck that feels strange to me. Now, I'm comfortable on Fender and Gibson necks, and of course Jackson's and Ibanez's, but the neck felt slow to me. It had a finish on it that didn't seem conducive to speed, and the feel wasn't inviting. Others will disagree. HOWEVER, loving Strat and Paul necks, and being open to many others, I LOVED the C-1's neck. It was very fast, no slip or resistance. The strings felt good against the nice fretboard, and the fret's seemed perfectly sized. It played very well.

Tone wise, it seems more versatile than a C-1. If the difference in 100 dollars, I'd say the feel alone is worth it, but tonally it was every bit as versatile with the coil tap as you'd expect and then some. It honestly gets a very good Stratocaster sound. I was very impressed. It can also get a Les Paul sound pretty good, as can the regular C-1, and for metal, you can get a very good treble sound. Overall, I'd get the Exotic. Try them both out at Guitar Center, it's worth it.
Quote by Mr. President
...and i'm leaning towards the Schecter C-1 Classic. I play mostly hard rock and metal, so I thought this guitar seemed to be the best value I could find. I'm still willing to shop around a little bit, and was wondering if anybody else had any ideas for a better hard rock/metal oriented guitar fo around $700. Thanks alot.

you should lean towards a mailbox and give me that money.
the schecter c-1 classic has great great sound
i play blues and alt rock with mine im not so sure about metal and hard rock though because its got more of a light sound imo.
I run mine through a marshall AVT100 and i took out the JB and have a jazz in both the neck and bridge pickups
The Schecter C-1 is a good choice. But, play the Yamaha AES620 before spending your money. I just got one from Sam Ash for hundreds less. You could put the rest of your money toward an amp or some accessories.
FP
i like a lot of music, but rock and metal are at the top of my list. I plan on going to the guitar center in a few weeks and picking up a classic. but along with pantera, metallica, I also like eric clapton and stevie ray vaughn. So I think the Classic is a good idea for me.

But you might wanna stick to rock and metal. And for that I would recommend a hellraiser
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

It has active EMG 81/85 pickups. Which is amazing for gain and that metal crunchy sound, and its a little bit cheaper to boot. But its all preference. The classic has humbuckers....and that JB humbucker on the classic is enough for me to play metal and stuff through my distortion pedal.
get the hellraiser and put a EMG 60 where the 85 is and u will have one of the greatest sounding guitars imo.

-it is also alot cleaner sounding with a 60
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
i like a lot of music, but rock and metal are at the top of my list. I plan on going to the guitar center in a few weeks and picking up a classic. but along with pantera, metallica, I also like eric clapton and stevie ray vaughn. So I think the Classic is a good idea for me.

But you might wanna stick to rock and metal. And for that I would recommend a hellraiser
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

It has active EMG 81/85 pickups. Which is amazing for gain and that metal crunchy sound, and its a little bit cheaper to boot. But its all preference. The classic has humbuckers....and that JB humbucker on the classic is enough for me to play metal and stuff through my distortion pedal.

If you like Stevie, there is NO WAY IN HELL you will get tone APPROACHING his on ANYTHING other than a Fender Stratocaster through a Fender amp, and then, to come close, you'll need a very high action, HUGE (.13's or higher) strings, the biggest frets you can get, and a big neck. No Schecter can touch upon SRV tone. Nothing besides the right Strat, can. Just one of those things...
fine...

but my point is its a very versatile guitar which can use a lot of different sounds. For 700$ its a great guitar when you have a broad likes of music. But as you said, you can never go wrong with a solid stratocaster
ESP MH-400 is an excellent metal guitar.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.