Hi guys,
i saw a local classfied on a 1976 Silverface Fender Champ Tube amp for $200 CDN. I've tried to google it but can't seem to find review on it. I wonder if its any good and worth the money. Thanks in advance guys.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
how many watts is it? if it's a 76 fender tube amp and it's been taken care of i imagine it would probably sound pretty good.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
didnt all champs have just 5 or 6 watts. Thats all my freinds has but not sure if his is a silverface. They are good for practice and recording. Not so much giging unless you mic it mabey.
I think its 6 watts and thanks for all the replies.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Those are great amps, I'd grab it. It might not be good for gigs, but for recording/practice they sound awesome.
You could probably grab one cheaper on eBay, not sure. In general Silverfaces are a decent deal. I got a '68 Bassman for 350.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, its on craigslist. I was gonna buy it, but North York is a but bit far from me.
That sounds like a decent price for a 70's Silverface Fender Champ. I think they usually run around $150 - $250 USD depending on its condition. Its a 6W tube amp but it does get loud for bedroom practice. And remember, you're getting a Class A tube amp for $200 which is an awesome deal. Check the serial number and if it starts with an AA, you should be good. You'd be hard pressed to find an amp wired point to point for that price.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus '02
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Roland Jazz Chorus 120
Marshall 5210 Combo Amp
Fender Silverface Champ
Alright, thanks for all that everyone. I'll contact the seller.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by pinkhaze29
didnt all champs have just 5 or 6 watts. Thats all my freinds has but not sure if his is a silverface. They are good for practice and recording. Not so much giging unless you mic it mabey.

I have a Champ 12 thats 30 Watt, all tube.