hey, A while back I bought a black HSS pickgaurd for my strat copy and it didnt end up fitting and would cost me $50 CAD for the repair guy to custom fit it. I had it in my drawer for like over a year and today I said fuck it, im doin it myself so.....

for some reason I screwed the pups into the new pickguard first along with thw other wiring and then I had to trim some of the pickguard off at the bridge so I got my dads knife and started pickin at it, 2 gashes on my fingers later I was done trimming it. Another problem was the holes didnt line up so once again I said fuck that, and I took my dads mechanical screwdriver thing and just drilled in the new holes with it, I dont think its meant for that but oh well. Anyways one of those gashes came cause the knife slid off the part I was trimming and cut through my finger and it was bleeding for a long time, you know when you get that really dark thick blood anyways I think it was either the knife or my hand but somewhere imbetween that some wires came off. The 3 wires coming from the input jack detached from where ever they where so what im asking is if someone could find like a diagram or the parts under the pickgaurd where those three wires go. BTW 2 of the wires are black and ones white. also a black wire form the 3rd knob(2nd tone knob) also came off, its not the one going to the pup selector its the one going to the 2 knob(1st tone knob) but theres 2 places it could go and I dont know which one to put it in. will I need a soldering iron to put them back on? cause my dad has one.

thanks a ton for the help and if you need anything explained again just ask, thanks alot
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Ok, about the three wires. Two of them go to the jack, and one of them goes to the spring claw in the back of the guitar. Look at the jack, two tabs. Look for the tab that's connected up to the hole down the middle of the jack. Solder one of the black wires to that. Solder the white wire to the other tab. The remaining black wire should go through a different hole in your guitar's body into the back of the guitar, and should be soldered to the spring claw.

About the disconnected tone wire. The tone circuit should look like this..

But some "copies" may vary.
These go to eleven...
thanks alot but im still confused and I realize I made a mistake, theres a black wire coming from the bridge and there a white and black coming from the input jack.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Yeah, The other end of the white should go to the middle terminal on the volume pot, and the two black wires should go to the case of the volume pot.
These go to eleven...
ok I got the white wire thing but im not sure about cause theres a little hole on the outer edge so one goes there but does the other one go were the wire coming from the 1st tone knob is?

EDIT: nevermind I see where one of them goes but I still dont know bout the other one.

DOUBLE EDIT: I just remembered I heard someone say moding the wiring so the one of the tone knobs go to the birdge pup instead of neck or middle is easy, can you tell me how?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Jul 30, 2006,