Well after doing a bit more looking I decided to pass on getting a pedal and go straight for the podxt. But I'd also like to get a footpedal of somesort so I can change easily through the 1st 4 (top 4) sounds I will be using the most often.

For a pedal I was just sorta looking on line 6's stuff on muscians friend and I can across a FBV express foot controller which sounds pretty sweet.

also I really would like to stay in the $400(inculding podxt, $300) cause any more will start to cause my wallet some pain.

(also im looking for quality in products and I am thinking the podxt must be the highest quality in its town but im not sure so if you guys have any suggestions that would proably be better, like I've seen there's the v amp w/e's.. pod 2.0's which I know is a later generation but if its close enough to the xt id like to save that 100 bucks lol so idk share your knowledge w/ me fellow UGers)

thanks

EDIT// currently im playing out of a crate xt120r and I want to know if I get a podxt can I trade it in and put w/e I get for it towards some sort of 4x12 amp cause if all the effects I'll ever need is in the podxt I doubt I'll need the crate I have and all of its effects instead just a 4x12 box lol.
Last edited by ?.?.? ³ at Jul 30, 2006,
Did you mean something like this :
http://www.line6.com/footcontrollers/fbv4.html
it worked well for me until I got my FBV. It costs around $90 up here in Canada.
I personally think the PODxt is top notch, some perfer the Vox ToneLab.
Fender Tele > Line 6 Verbzilla > Line 6 DL4 > Line 6 Podxt (With Model Packs and FBV Shortboard) > Yorkville 300-watt Poweramp > Marshall 1960BV
not going to go into my opinion on what's better, blah blah.

However, have you thought about the Podxtl instead of the Podxt and FBV board? It's around the same price and the live is all in one. Plus, it comes with one of the addon packs already installed.

Whatever amp you get, it will need a poweramp. The podxt can function as a preamp, but it needs a poweramp to amplifiy the sound.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
You can use the PODxt for just fx. You just have to turn off the amp model.
Fender Tele > Line 6 Verbzilla > Line 6 DL4 > Line 6 Podxt (With Model Packs and FBV Shortboard) > Yorkville 300-watt Poweramp > Marshall 1960BV
Quote by Erock503
not going to go into my opinion on what's better, blah blah.

However, have you thought about the Podxtl instead of the Podxt and FBV board? It's around the same price and the live is all in one. Plus, it comes with one of the addon packs already installed.

Whatever amp you get, it will need a poweramp. The podxt can function as a preamp, but it needs a poweramp to amplifiy the sound.

omg man that looks exactly what I need but is it just like the podxt(cause its something I've used and loved before) but has the nice channel/effect(w/e) switches?
Quote by ?.?.? ³
omg man that looks exactly what I need but is it just like the podxt(cause its something I've used and loved before) but has the nice channel/effect(w/e) switches?

it's the exact same thing with some extra features like the variax connector and expression pedal, 1/4 line outs, etc... It also comes with one of the add on packs already from the factory.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok .. and can I hook one of these bad boys up to a cab like what I asked before or will I need that poweramp cause those things look a bit pricey like I mean im only 16 but I guess I have a fairly decent job for my age but laying down 800-1000 bucks isnt to realistic for me the whole 400 thing for me is already starting to get up there for me considering I still need to upgrade to a diffrent guitar(I've been playing w/ my squier for the last 3 years) but I agree and have been told to pimp out your amp and sound before you go on to a new guitar.
Quote by ?.?.? ³
ok .. and can I hook one of these bad boys up to a cab like what I asked before or will I need that poweramp cause those things look a bit pricey like I mean im only 16 but I guess I have a fairly decent job for my age but laying down 800-1000 bucks isnt to realistic for me the whole 400 thing for me is already starting to get up there for me considering I still need to upgrade to a diffrent guitar(I've been playing w/ my squier for the last 3 years) but I agree and have been told to pimp out your amp and sound before you go on to a new guitar.

thanks again guys for the help
no unfortunately, same deal, you would need at the least some kind of poweramp, or run it into a PA. You could also use it with your current amp though, either in front of the amp, or on the fx loop if you have one. The podxtl has settings that will change it's voicing depending where you are runnning it.

If it were me, I would upgrade to the best amp I could afford, then guitar, and then worry about fx, but that's me. The podxt is a great unit, but it's real strength IMO lies in it's silent practice and song writing/recording abilites.
amp clips
amp vids
ok so lets see.... if I have about 500-550(edit// decided against selling crate)to spend on an amp
and then 400 on effects (podxtl looks like the direction I will be going)

whats the best amp I could get for that price that would be compatiable w/ the xtlive?
anything more then 550 will be going into my guitar fund (im getting a showmaster here as soon as I get my last paycheck for the summer job I was working)

-I've got just over $1600 not much but I decided from the beginning I wanted to distribute it amongst the many things I needed to upgrade( sorta like what you said amp, effects, guitar just I wasnt really planning on upgrading my amp so soon but If I need to I will for the xtlive )
Last edited by ?.?.? ³ at Jul 30, 2006,
well, what style of music are you mainly playing, and are you sure you'll need all the fx on a multifx unit?

If you put that money together, $950 could buy a good quality tube amp. Then a couple pedals for the fx you use, and you would be set for a long time. I have a podxtl, but I use it mainly for practice and recording. If I want to use it live, I only use it on my fx loop for reverb, chorus, delay. It works well there, without killing the true tone of the amp. When you buy a pro quality tube amp, the last thing you want to do is make it sound like a SS amp.

If you're set on the podxtl, I'm sure people on here can give you good recommendations for an amp under $500. I haven't looked at amps for a while, so I won't be much help. The Roland Cube 60 and Vox AD50VT are amps that are very popular SS amps on this forum, but I don't know how well they take pedals and multifx. Some of the lower priced tube amps are in that pricerange too.
amp clips
amp vids
complicated stuff

nice amp-1 pedal
or
decent amp to not so good amp- podxtl

ugh im just going to grab my guitar teacher and take him down w/ me to guitarcenter or a local music store and get him to help me decide (he's been playing for like 25 some years and well is a music producer a pretty known what w/ that said in his area so he proably knows what right for the price and whats not)

thanks again erock.

peace
that's probably a good idea anyway, you'll want to play everything first yourself before you buy anything. Having someone there with that kind of experience would be great too, especially if he produces a lot of people, they usually have a great ear for tone. Good luck man.
amp clips
amp vids