i have a les paul custom and im looking to put new pickups in it. Ive made a few threads aboutthis before but i get no answers. So im just asking the people who have epi lp's to tell me if they changed their pickups, and what pickups did they put in it. Also how does it sound now compared to before? i was thinking about putting in a set of duncan seth lover's
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Try the gb+c forum
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
try sum emgs ther amazin
Tom Billington

My Gear

Epiphone Les paul standard limited edition
Epiphone SG 310
80s Fender Strat
Vox AD30VT
Crybaby Wah
Quote by boyofmystery
try sum emgs ther amazin

yeah emgs are to me the best but only come in black so it might ruin the look of the guitar if u care bout tht sorta thing
I replaced both my pickups with Bare knuckle mules. Excelent upgrade, great punchy sound. All the notes ring clear and it remains warm buckin' sounding with no mush. Much better than the previous stock pups and better than any gibson pickup IMHO
you got any soundclips? im lookin for a good classic rock and blues sound. basically the acdc type crunch in the bridge pickup and nice blues sounds in the neck
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You might try the Gibson Angus Young model in the bridge position and a Classic 57 in the neck. I have Classic 57's in my LP and it sounds great. I also put Seymour Duncans in my SG and they made a world of difference. I used the SH4 and the SH2N, or often called a Jazz and a JB pickup, or Hot Rodded Humbucker set. Try Gibson or Seymour Duncan's website for sound clips.
i have a dimebucker and a 59 in my old paul, and it sounds good. but go dimarzio
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything
I have the standard no mods yet but I plan to put in some new pickups, probably Bare knuckle black dogs.

Oh and I see these Epiphone Les Paul's are named either standard, or standard plus....any difference? They seem to look the same.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Apr 24, 2007,
Gibson Burstbucker Pros
they have definition and tone, unlike the FLAT, BORING, TONELESS, MUDDY, THIN, UN DYNAMIC sound the shit magnets give off...
try a set of seymour duncans a pearly gates in the neck and a jb in the bridge
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT