I am attempting to write my first song and i was wondering if there is some kind of order you guys go about doing so. Should i just start playing around on my guitar until i find a catchy riff? should i start with the title? I need some big help so please give all advice possible.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
1-4-5 Chord Progression, with a catchy intro and and outro. I simple solo and you should be fine. What kind of genre is your song gonna be? And don't worry about the title of your song really, while writing your lyrics and making the song you will get a title. Good Luck!
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean Custon Zone Electric Guitar
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
Last edited by mikerocks15 at Jul 30, 2006,
Im mostly into that classic rock kinda stuff. Give me an example of a 1-4-5 chord progression please.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
Quote by seamus90'
Im mostly into that classic rock kinda stuff. Give me an example of a 1-4-5 chord progression please.

A I-IV-V (1 - 4 - 5) progression would be taking the tonic, subdominant and dominant of the scale to form a progression.

I highly recommend you learn each chord for every major scale, but here's an example in the key of C major.

[B]I - Cmaj.[/B]
ii - Dmin.
iii - Emin.
[B]IV - Fmaj.[/B]
[B]V - Gmaj.[/B]
vi - Amin.
vii° - Bdim.

Ergo - a I-IV-V chord progression in the key C major would be Cmaj - Fmaj - Gmaj.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Jul 30, 2006,
i dont know if its actually possible to give lyrics writting advice. im no good with lyrics so im not gonna say anything about that. however when you do come up with some lyrics, try playing in a relative scale to what you are singing. it usually helps it sound better and blend together.

if what i just said made no sense at all, someone else please re explain it.