someone got me a pedal called The Grunge, i like it but its very limited on what it can do....anybody have it or knows which bands use it so i can get a better idea what to do with it?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
i dont know if any bands use it, because its just a knock off of a ds-1 i think
anyways, if you want info maybe go to the digitech site
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I have the digitech one. It was my first distortion pedal. Just play with the nobs. I just put the bass all the way up and the treble at halfway up and it gives you a pretty good metal sound. Make sure the distortion aon the pedal is cranked and your amp is on clean or it will sound like shi t.
here, try this setting that i use for hardcore punk (i use a ds-2 but if i change these settings it shouild be about the same)
level(loud) 2 o'clock
bass(low) 12 o'clock
treble(high) 3 o'clock
distortion(grunge) 3 o'clock-maximum
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I've never tried the grundge pedal before, but my bad monkey works very nicely as an overdrive.... its almost like a TS9 rip off with an eq
I've got the grunge pedal and i love it. Gives me those nirvana tones i've always wanted.
^ even though kurt never used one to record anything...

The only time he ever used it was as a joke...he ended up destroying it halfway through the show and replacing it with his good ol DS-1
you dont need the exact gear to get a nirvana tone....
its a copy of a ds1 anyways
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ even though kurt never used one to record anything...

The only time he ever used it was as a joke...he ended up destroying it halfway through the show and replacing it with his good ol DS-1

I didnt even know it existed back then
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
alrighty so its an ok pedal not great....then im guessing i should use it just to fool around with cause it aint good for my style which is heavy modern rock
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
i have one..i was just messing around with it right now
it gives you a really awesome heavy distortion sound if you use it with the death metal.
haha.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild