Ok, I've got an electric guitar (Jeez, I can't type today. Giutar, guiatr, guitir, GUITAR. There we go) but it's not really what I want to do.

I'd rather try bass, but I have a few questions first.

1. Would having small hands matter?
I've got small hands, with skinny fingers.
Would it be harder to play bass if on a guitar it's hard to play on the low E and if 1st to 4th fret is a big, pinky-dislocating stretch?

2. Price.
How much would a starting bass cost?
My birthday's coming up and I expect some cash, so I want to know what kind I should get without going broke or ending up with something crappy.

3. Um...
There was a third one, but I guess it can't have been that important if I've already forgotten it.
It'll come back to me later.

May I be random and say I like this smiley?

Help would be appreciated like you wouldn't believe. A cookie to anyone with good advice.
I'm aware we're in a church.
Yes, my daddy's the minster.
I know he's preaching, he does that every sunday.
Oh, what are these?
Tarot cards of course.
About the stretch... how long have you been playing guitar?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

1. Would having small hands matter?
no just practice and they will begin to stretch

2. Price.
How much would a starting bass cost?
you'd probably want to get a starter kit, there not too bad, around 200 or so. its worth it for a beginner. you get you're amp, bass and strap.

you might want to get lessons. they can be very helpful if you get a good teacher.

so good luck with the bass. its definatly a fun instrument!

peace out brother

EDIT: oh and if you're going to get into bass, definatly check out some Red hot chili peppers. flea is pretty sweet.
Quote by Calvero
About the stretch... how long have you been playing guitar?
Not long, under a year.
My dad wanted me to, "Put down and damn violin," so he gave me his strat.

Quote by ultradogfromhel
peace out brother

Sister.
Oh, what are these?
Tarot cards of course.
Quote by missXtoro
Not long, under a year.
My dad wanted me to, "Put down and damn violin," so he gave me his strat.

Sister.

you gave up violin?!
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
you gave up violin?!

Oh, no I would never give it up!
Actually, I've been practicing for the last hour.
This whole guitar/bass business is just on the side.
It's just that my dad's in a band and he's been playing guitar his whole life, and he thinks I need to play something useful. (More like something he can play, violin just isn't his thing, haha.)
Oh, what are these?
Tarot cards of course.
For a starter bass, the squier bass starter pack isnt half bad. I have that as a bass and it works fine, written and played alot of my own songs with a friend of mine playing along with me on guitar. It comes with evertyhing you need: the bass guitar, the amp(there is a difference bewteen bass amps and regular amps, almost blew out my old amp by playing my bass on it ), the gig bag, cables, i got a set of stereo heaphones in it and some video i ahve eyt to watch on how to get started. Also inculded this little book on the notes of it and some exercises and stuff. Not bad in my opinion. Paid 250-300(cant remember exactly look online on guitarcenter.com) for it at GC. And for beginner songs when you get one, Money by Pink floyd, NIB, some RHCP once you get better. Bass is a easy instument to grasp, fun as hell to play, and even more fun to use to use to wake up the neighborhood.

Heres a pic of the bass

Heres a pic of the amp
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Last edited by AssassinLoki090 at Jul 31, 2006,