Ok.. The clean channel on my Crate gt65 isnt that great.. I dont know how to describe the sound i want, maybe more bassier and fuller sounds and not so much a twang. To make it sound HALF decent I switch to neck pick up, turn the tone knob up half way and the volume knob down half way.. and it still dont sound good. The distortion channel is awesome, i couldnt ask for anything better. I can get bluesy stuff and heavey stuff out of it.

How can i fix up my clean channel? can pedals help me? Im not sure what compresser pedals do but would it help? Maybe them EQ pedals i see some times? i think that could help.

I was thinking about taking the money i have right now and selling my amp to a friend that wants it... but i dont want to be 3 weeks without a amp since im in a band and i would be getting my amp off ebay. So dont suggest that.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
The valveking has a good clean, so just wait until you get that. There's no reason to spend money on a bad amp that you won't have for long anyway.
Quote by Roc8995
The valveking has a good clean, so just wait until you get that. There's no reason to spend money on a bad amp that you won't have for long anyway.

im gona have i for a couple more months. I think its worth spending 40 bucks on a pedal or something.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Ok let me get this straight..The bridge pickup is to trebley and the neck pickup has a flat tone, Try Turning your Settings on your amp to, Treble: 7-8, Middle:5-6, Bass: 9-10, That gives me a good full clear sound on my vox, It might not work for you though,

Oh and a EQ pedal could help you get the sound you want,

If not might I recommend a vox valvetronix amp
Last edited by Spade1 at Jul 30, 2006,
Quote by Spade1
Ok let me get this straght..The bridge pickup is to trebley and the neck pickup has a flat tone, Try Turning your Settings on your amp to, Treble: 7-8, Middle:5-6, Bass: 9-10, That gives me a good full clear sound on my vox, It might not work fo you though,

Oh and a EQ pedal could help you get the sound you want,

If not might I recomend a vox valvetonix

you just gave the best piece of advice in this entire topic!
Quote by t.t deville
on my amp it says "vol, low, mid, high" some one help me out... haha
Quote by t.t deville
Quote by Andrewsonfire
on my amp it says "vol, low, mid, high" some one help me out... haha

That's the EQ, dumbass. Low is bass, mid is middle and high is treble. If you want more bass in your tone, turn the low up and the high down.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by Andrewsonfire
Ok.. The clean channel on my Crate gt65 isnt that great.. I dont know how to describe the sound i want, maybe more bassier and fuller sounds and not so much a twang. .

Its all in the first sentence.

No twang=highs down lows up
mess with the tone knobs on your guitar too.

and for everything good and holy...get a new amp
+1

Crates SUCK.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by washburndean
+1

Crates SUCK.

I was thinking about getting a Blue voodoo combo, its a tube amp and its louder and cheaper then the valveking.. What are they like? i like the blue voodoo stacks.
Quote by t.t deville
They're good.. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

Crates are just no good.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by Andrewsonfire
I was thinking about getting a Blue voodoo combo, its a tube amp and its louder and cheaper then the valveking.. What are they like? i like the blue voodoo stacks.

I've heard that if you change the tubes, they are halfway decent.

Every stock one I have played has sucked though .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by washburndean
They're good.. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

Crates are just no good.

I own a crate SS combo now, and helped my friend buy a Club50. I have yet to hear a better solid state sound then my crate and the club50 has the best pre-amp crunch i have heard in my life. it easily topped nearly every peavey I have played for crunch.

If your going to criticise a amp provide basis, or you'll just looking like a frikkin liberal
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
Some people say to use a chorus to improve cleans, but it doesn't really, it just adds a chorus to crap.

You could change your clean EQ settings (if the amp's got indipentant EQs for each channel) and see what you think of that.

If you still don't like them, and love your distortion, you could buy an amp soley for cleans and A/B it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If your cleans sound muddy you could also try using a bit of reverb.
I didnt read anything except the title and you need a Vox Valvetronix. Don't listen to anyone else unless they agree with me.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
chorus will make the cleans sound fuller if they're thin. Compressor will vastly improve you cleans if they're there in the first place, but might not be great for you.
VOX VALVETRONIX!!!

Best cleans I've ever heard from a combo.
Great Distortion for Blues/Metal.
Get an EQ too and a Vox will be ****ing great!
If you need a new amp off ebay, why don't you wait until it appears before selling yours, so you don't have to go however long with no amp?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.