Hey I just started on the UG Forums and some of you guys have your rigs on your thing. How come nobody plays an ESP/LTD. I have an LTD H-100(excellent metal guitar) and an LTD EC-400 Archtop(Seymour Duncans). I haven't played anything that compares to my LTD's or others that I played for the price you spend on these. If you haven't tried them I suggest you go play one today, or tomorrow cuz today is sunday and I dont know of any guitar shops that are open on sunday.
i cant find any guitar shops with esp/ltd's in my town but then agen i live in alabama grr...
Quote by endless_name
i cant find any guitar shops with esp/ltd's in my town but then agen i live in alabama grr...

hmm.. i never seen schecters or ltd/esp's in guitar shops.. i havnt been in meny though.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
I got suggested to buy the EC archtop... the goldtop one, right? How is it? What styles is it good for? I play goth-tinged hard rock, like HIM.
HIM isnt goth tinged hard rock lol, marilyn manson, rob zombie etc is goth tinged hard rock

and i'd love to own and esp or at least try one but i live no where near a place that sells them, plus i'm getting an ibanez next unless i test an LTD thats better
Yeah I bought the gold top one and I couldn't be happier. I opened to box and it just shimmers. Not only is it a beautiful guitar but it's got a great tone. The Seymour Duncan JB/59 setup is superb. It's a perfect companion to I'd say a Marshall JCM800/900. It can be used for all sorts of styles. I'm playing through a Marshall MG10 right now. You darken the tone and up the gain And you can get a very good metal sound. Lower the gain a bit lighten the tone and turn on the '59 you get a very good lead(think David Gilmour/Pink Floyd) The guitar just rocks.
i got ESP LTDs. i love em. have had a viper, ex, hybrid, and m. great guitars. schecter and esp are my favorite brands.
Quote by endless_name

where in alabama do you live? and inbreedville is not an answer.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
My Guitar Center does not carry any ESP/LTD's and if they do they are used...
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by TaylorU
Yeah I bought the gold top one and I couldn't be happier. I opened to box and it just shimmers. Not only is it a beautiful guitar but it's got a great tone. The Seymour Duncan JB/59 setup is superb. It's a perfect companion to I'd say a Marshall JCM800/900. It can be used for all sorts of styles. I'm playing through a Marshall MG10 right now. You darken the tone and up the gain And you can get a very good metal sound. Lower the gain a bit lighten the tone and turn on the '59 you get a very good lead(think David Gilmour/Pink Floyd) The guitar just rocks.

Ill trade you my black one for your goldtop
Gear
LTD EC-400AT
Strat copy
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-2
Mogami cables
I'm getting an MH-400 soon. And yes, ESPs are nice guitars, just no one sells them.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

The sam ash where i live sells them. ESP rocks my rocks. i love my viper.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
which model of ltd did you play?(to the guy who said they suck)

anyways, i have the ec400at as well, they seem to be very popular and i can see why. ive also tried the non archtop version of the 400 and its ugly but sounded and felt great. im thinking of actually getting an ec1000 in a bit, i wonder what the comparison between my 400 and the 1000 will be.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
yeah i hardly ever see an esp/ltd in a guitar shop around here. and its weird how the shops dont usually carry the best selling schecters right now, the hellraisers. but they still carry alot of so-so schecters instead.

Isn't that like how most stores only carry the crappy BC Rich Warlocks instead of the good ones, or other BC Rich guitars for that matter?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.