would a vox valvetronix 30 wat be good enough to do small gigs like a high school auditorium. Thanks for the help in advance.
maybe
my friend had 1 for battle of the bands and you could barely hear him
and you deffinately couldnt if you were far away
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Most auditoriums have a PA you can plug into or mic yourself into. That helps ALOT.
Go for the 50. It will be a bit better. You may still need a PA if the place is big.
PA

or if your buying this amp, get a PodXtL, that will go straight into the PA and you'll have full control over your sound
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Or he could just use the amp. Why add on another $300-400 when you don't need to. Go for the 50 and mic it if needed.
Quote by jmac72187
Or he could just use the amp. Why add on another $300-400 when you don't need to. Go for the 50 and mic it if needed.

how much is the 50? the pod is $400
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
how much is the 50? the pod is $400

the 50 is a little less than $400. That doesn't really matter though. Unless he has a PA all time time, the POD is useless. He can only use it with headphones or a PA.
i'll go with the 50 i guess, i saw the one post that said 30-50wat tube amps were for gigging. I was wondering cause my friend played at our high school and he had a 30watt line 6 spider 2 amp and i could hear it good.