k guys i really need to learn how to pick faster. i'm trying to play the fade to black intro solo but the part where it speeds up i cant play fast enough . so do i need to learn how to alternate pick to play that part? should i just practice alternate picking by playing this part of the solo until i can do it fast enough? any replies would be greatly appreciated
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Play the passage in question slow enough that you can be fully aware of exactly what your fingers are doing, and where they're going - along with a relaxed picking arm & metronome.

It's alot more deep than that and really can't be described in two lines, but that's the basis of it. If you want more, I can go into detail.
Lmao Im Stuck on exactly that part!!! but ive gotten faster just by playing it over and over.
^ lol im not alone!!! sweet!

johnljones thanks for the advice. but do you think i need to learn how to alternate pick to play it? if i do ill get to work on it cause i really i want to get better
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
first, try 2 learn alternate picking. Then, with a metronome, play the part slowly then gradually speed up the BPM. should work
Quote by red star
^ lol im not alone!!! sweet!

johnljones thanks for the advice. but do you think i need to learn how to alternate pick to play it? if i do ill get to work on it cause i really i want to get better

I've never come across that particular part - so I can't say. But, I will say - if you want to excel in playing that genre of music, alternate picking is a must. They are just some passages you cannot play without alternate picking.
k just outta curiosity how long did it take you get to realitively good at alternate picking?

edit: this post is directed to anyone who would like to answer
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Johnljones7443
^Eight years and counting.

woah a veteran ehh? pretty cool man
My Rig