Okay my bottom three strings have rust on them and i was just wondering if i should change them or wait until they break??
For best performance, change them every couple of weeks. There is a noticeable tone quality change with new strings.

Sorry if my previous post sounded hostile. that wasn't my intent.
dude a month and a half?!?! what types of strings are you using? they're either really ****ty or your hands must be spraying sweat all over them.
i just changed my strings yesterday, after not changing them after buying the used guitar at guitar center and they were, rusty when i got em and ive played the guitar for a few months, the tone difference is unbelievable sounds like a new guitar
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
get some elixir's they last longer than normal strings and they stay smooth because of the coating...check them out.
i do every 2 weeks or so
the tone dies
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
I have Ernie ball 10's RPS slinkies waiting to be used so I'm thinking that I'll change them but still i need sum more input
Quote by jayzim17
get some elixir's they last longer than normal strings and they stay smooth because of the coating...check them out.

How much are they??
ernie balls are dead within a few weeks...im telling you elixirs are the way to go...give them a try you wont be dissappointed
I'd definetely change them, and buy some more sets for later. There really is a big tone difference between new and old strings.
Yeah, definitely change them
Gear:

1996 Fender Stratocaster Jimmie Vaughan Edition
Ovation 1860 Balladeer Acoustic/Electric
Miller Electric
Indiana Jones Acoustic

Kustom Amp
EDIT: ^Depends on what kind of guitar you have. Specifically the bridge.

Quote by jayzim17
ernie balls are dead within a few weeks...im telling you elixirs are the way to go...give them a try you wont be dissappointed

From what I've heard Elixers are good for a while but then when they start to become old, they die out fast.
no way man, the waxy coating will start to flake after a while but you can by thinner coatings, they're awesome
Quote by R0CKER1220
EDIT: ^Depends on what kind of guitar you have. Specifically the bridge.

From what I've heard Elixers are good for a while but then when they start to become old, they die out fast.

I have a epiphone LP special....and it has a sunburst finish
Quote by 6touch6of.evil6
I have a epiphone LP special....and it has a sunburst finish

No need to rub it in that you have a sunburst (I'm getting a Sunburst strat!)

First you take of the old strings. Do it one by one (take off a string, usually the low e's the first to be taken off, and replace it with the new one). To take off the string (if you didn't already know) just unwind it until it can easily be removed from the tuning peg. if you have a string winder you can do that much faster.

You take the low e string out of the pack and thread it through the bridge and pull it all the way through until the ball end of the string prevents it from going any farther. Rest the string on the saddle and the nut of the guitar. Then pull the string through the appropriate tuning peg and follow the rest of the instructions on this website: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/stringing.htm .
Quote by psycadelicart
you should probably change them every 3-6 months unless they break or somthin

are you cracked out?? you should change them like every month or so depending how much you play, a month and half sounds about time to change em
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?