http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Melody%20Maker/

This just makes me mad. I mean, why do they want people to pay 500 bucks for a guitar with the worst looking finish ever, and one p-90 pickup??? I mean, come on??

I wonder if it comes with the word "ripoff" inprinted in golden letters on the back of the headstock..

Edit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Melody-Maker-Electric-Guitar?sku=517842
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
It's nostalgia I guess..... or a good starter guitar for sure.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
dude a supposed begginer is not going to pay that much
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
It'd be funny if they somehow turned out to be the best guitars you can buy... some sort of awesome tone or playability... highly doubt it though.
All Gibsons tend to be overpriced. Thats another reason I don't really like them.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
It's a melody maker, they're classics.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I thought that had been out for a long time...
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Welcome to the 20th century jackass, that guitar has been out for a long while.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
a kid that goes to my school won one at a local guitar shops opening like 2 years ago and its pretty crappy, more like a $200 guitar, its pretty thin and thats the way it sounds too, the neck is the worst gibson neck ive ever played too, and i like gibson necks, this guitar is just horrible for the price but he won it so i guess its not bad for free, if i were him i would put a carved maple top on it and 2 HBs but he wont mod it
It's for the nostalgic players, really.

My dad's got a Melody Maker, it's a pretty smooth sounding axe.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Oh, i've never seen em on the gibson website before, so i assumed it was new... Must just have missed it then.

Its still a ripoff.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
a P-90? like the one in the Les Paul Junior?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
The way I see it, give that guitar to your favorite guitar player and it will probably sound like one of the best guitars you ever heard. Same as if you gave him any other decently constructed guitar that can stay in tune. A guitar IMO is more about the players style and the tone they want to make.
gibson has done it again? what the **** are you smoking.
that guitar came out like 50 years ago
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
gibson has done it again? what the **** are you smoking.
that guitar came out like 50 years ago

Exactly. Gibsons arent overpriced, you get what you pay for...an American made quality guitar that will more than likely go up in value. Dont hate on the Gibsons.
When you are grown up and have a good job, then you can appreciate and afford one respectively
thats a sweet guitar, id play that any day
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
so sick of people critisizing this guitar... i much prefer it to any les paul, i wouldnt mind an old melody maker though...
It's be a good starter guitar, i don't like the color of it though, too blatent.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
meh, i'd take it over a lot of the guitars that are covered in fancy abalone binding.
it doesn't seem so bad, some people use the bridge pickup exclusively and don't want to fork over extra money when upgrading pickups if they'll only use one, and the finish isn't that bad, there are worse finishes...
Meh my dad had one back in the day, but it was with and SG body and he routed out the p-90 cavity and made a pickup route in the neck position and put HB's in it. Said it was all he could afford but it was nice. He sold it to pay for collage though.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
dude a supposed begginer is not going to pay that much

Beginners have paid a ton more for gear before now. Never seen all the "OMGZ this total n00b got lyk.. 4 gibsunz of his dad and he cant evn play smoke on ze water proply!!!1"
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by Funky P
Welcome to the 20th century jackass, that guitar has been out for a long while.

Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell