Ok, so I got a used Fender Aerodyne Strat last January... and I just got a case for it last month, since it didnt come with one used. Now, the case is really nice (its one of the $150 tweed fender cases) and my guitar looks great in it, but keeping it out of a case for a while has made it really dirty and stuff... I tried using Fender guitar polish but the polish basically just smears around the body... is there any way that looks better to clean a black guitar? Cuz I wanna be able to open the case and see a beautiful shinning guitar...

And is there any way to get scratches out of a mirror pickguard?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Sounds like a good looking guitar. Post a pic if you can. I use Mr. Sheen to clean my black guitar.
meguirs guitar kit

[/thread]
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by santhony1987
Sounds like a good looking guitar. Post a pic if you can. I use Mr. Sheen to clean my black guitar.

This is it... you cant really tell that the body is that dirty unless u see it in person... but look at that pickguard...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Quote by Lgndkllr777

This is it... you cant really tell that the body is that dirty unless u see it in person... but look at that pickguard...

I would imagine Windex or something similar would be good on the pickguard, since that is not a painted surface.
Are you using a microfiber cloth?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Are you using a microfiber cloth?

uh... no... they tried to get me to buy the Fender one at my guitar store but i didnt have $10 to buy a cloth with... does it make that much of a difference? cuz if it does ill get one.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

idk mine gets hella dirty too, I kinda just work with it. A guitar is a guitar. Dont get me wrong though, I would be happy if it was all shiny and stuff. wish I could help.
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean Custon Zone Electric Guitar
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
try using guitar wax along with the polish.. the same thing happened with my LP (black) and when i used the wax, it shined like it was brand new
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
lemon oil and a microfibre cloth will restore ur guitar to a showroom shine seriously i did it today to my black iceman and just wow!!!
Montana MT-104N Acoustic Guitar
Ibanez Iceman ICX 220
Roland Cube 30
Boss FS 5U Foot Switch
M-Audio Fast Track USB Recording Unit
Horner Blues Harmonicas 7 Key Set
Quote by Lgndkllr777
uh... no... they tried to get me to buy the Fender one at my guitar store but i didnt have $10 to buy a cloth with... does it make that much of a difference? cuz if it does ill get one.

Just buy an instrument cloth, they're only like 2 bucks.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?