Hey, I have read the stickys and all of that and if this has already been talked about please send me the link to the page, it would be greatly appreciated.

Me and a friend started a band and it is just an acoustic little thing and the only recording equiptment I have is my brother PS2 usb headset. I downloaded Audacity last night and I was just wondering if you guys have any tips on how to get a better quality sound when recording, if this is possible, I do not know. All help on this matter would be greatly appreciated Thank you.
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean Custon Zone Electric Guitar
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
Better mic and preamp?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
pre amp?
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Dean Custon Zone Electric Guitar
Bestler Semi-Hollow Body
Crybaby Classic
Boss DD-6 Delay pedal
Crate MX10
Boss Distortion Pedal
preamp is where u plug ur guitar or mic or any electric instrument.

Get a good sound card, If u have electro acustic guitar, plug it straight to it, if not....buy an usb mic? if not, use ur webcam's mic! there are so many options.
The beatles used a speaker as a mic!!!(they work the same).

Best option get a good $30-$40 sound card.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha DUDE that's sick.

cuz it's exactly what our band did a few weeks back when we got started. ok, we're recording in my bedroom, so what we did is throw the mike in the middle of the floor between all the instruments (a bit farther from the drums than the guitar and bass amps) and then we put a tiny pillow on it. so basically just space it evenly from all instruments, a bit farther from the drums, with a thin/small pillow. experiment moving the mike different places and using different pillows/putting it more or less on the mike. we've upgraded though...now we just hook up an actual microphone to my computer and put THAT in the middle of the room. way better.
I would probably agree with upgrading your sound card but if you want an even CHEAPER solution, I bought one of those like PC microphones for like $20 at Wal-Mart, it works decently so far, not the best but it was very cheap.
Samick MB-1 (custom paintjob)
Ibanez AEF30 acoustic-electric (transparent black)
S101 Standard bass (black)
Crate GLX65 amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss Distortion DS-1
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky .10 guage