How do you come up with like a melody or something cool for the guitar just like out of no-where? I know it's called improvising or something but it's really hard knowing that like every note has been struck and it's all about being original. I mean, people do it all the time but how????
Through scales. If you're improvising, you're generally playing within a key. If you're playing in the key of B minor for example, you'd be improvising a melody using the notes of the B natural minor or Bminor pentatonic, most likely. These are not the only scales you could use, but are very common.

Using these scales confines you to specific notes - notes that all sound good together. Using the Bm scale would give you 7 notes, using the Pentatonic would give you 5 notes. your melody is just any combination of these notes. With enough practice, you will instinctivly know how to arrange and phrase these notes so they sound nice.
Well I'm trying to be progressive but making up that kind of stuff is really hard which is weird because it's slow. Is there a certain strategy or something you use for that? There are only so many power chords and stuff.
no, you need to know music theory, which you clearly dont. this is not a process that you learn overnight, its something that takes a long time. read some of the lessons on theory in the lesson section for a much better understanding.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
You don't need to know in depth music theory to write a song... Just jam something out that sounds good to you, and then build a song around that. Say you made a riff, use it for the intro/verse, make a chorus, a solo and whatever.. Use whatever structure you want, of course you need to stay in key, but you don't need to know advanced theory, and if you know a bit then it may help you.

I find it was a good start learning the pentatonic scale, and then just adding notes that sound good, more melodic to spice up solos and things like that. Its all about note intervals, so I guess theory does come into it, but practically you can still do it I think in terms of musicianship, its useful to develop your own unique style -- thats the most important thing, the longer and more you play the better it will become. Don't follow things by the book or you'll sound like any other player. Practice **** loads, and get together with other musicians as much as you can, and jam out some tracks from an idea
Thank you so much, madmk. These guys were making me look like an idiot. I got my own band with 4 albums and I don't need nonsense saying I can't play. Do you think Mick from Slipknot sincerely thinks about musical theory when he jams on his albums?
Quote by KileManA7X
Thank you so much, madmk. These guys were making me look like an idiot. I got my own band with 4 albums and I don't need nonsense saying I can't play. Do you think Mick from Slipknot sincerely thinks about musical theory when he jams on his albums?

Who was making you look like an idiot?! You asked for advice and it was offerred.

No, you don't need a LOT of theory to write good music and I doubt ANYONE is
thinking about theory when they are performing.

To write interesting stuff, it helps a lot, to at least understand the basics.

As an example I just wrote a song (see sig) which I think came out quite nice.
I worked out the central riffs ahead of time, pieced together the arrangement
and chord progression into a song and then mostly improved the lead/solo over it.
It didn't require any rocket-science level theory, but it was very helpful knowing
some basics. I'd say most rock songs originate in a similar fashion.
don't everthink **** man. 99% of all of the very best stuff i've written has all been stumbling upon riffs and melodies. Also, it helps if ur not over-playing your guitar. For example, if you're playing more than 2 hours a day, just writing suttf, then eventually u'll just start forcing it and it'll start to seem like you can't write good stuff. so step back from it every once in a while and just listen to alot of music that you consider the same style you wanna play or even stuff that's totally opposite (both help sometimes) and then go back to it one or two days later. it really works. well, for me it does, anyway.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!