What can i do to get that classic rock guitar sound from 6o's and 70's they have an edge to them i just cant explain or find out how to copy.
4 words tubularearur amplicationalonionar byyyei marshallallaiod
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Marshall's, Wah-Wah, Distortion, Fuzz, Tubes...Enough said
My Rig
USA Fender Stratocaster
Gibson ES335
Martin D16GT
Martin LXM
Squier Stratocaster
Santa Rosa Cuatro
Dunlop Wah
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS2
Crate Palomino V32

Member of the left-handed club (but I play right-handed)!
*Sigh* You dont have to get a Marshall.. (i happen to think they suck these days, everyone i know that has one always has problems with them)

Learning to tweak your amps overdrive settings (if you have a decent amp) is really all you need. just mess with them untill you get the sound you want.. Of course if you want the "fuzz" sound, then you'll need a fuzz (or a big muff, those work good too) ... Iv got an old fender amp with a great overdrive channel, just by tweaking the settings (gain, mid, base, treb) i can get any style sound i want, blues, classic rock, metal, all with no pedals, or a crappy over expensive marshall.

Experiment, experiment, experiment..