is it quiet enough for bedroom practice with a family that doesnt like loud noises
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
It will still be loud as hell when cranked. My 15 watt SS amp is too loud for people that don't like loud noises. The tube amps are 2-2.5 times louder. Check out the Epiphone Valve special. It is 5 watts tube.
Quote by spaminator101
is it quiet enough for bedroom practice with a family that doesnt like loud noises

not really suited for small bedroom practice stuff. cause u wont be able to get it over 2 without being yelled at,
and it sounds best when cranked.

i have a a blues jr and an epi 5W head.
i use the head for basement practice, and the junior at band practice.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
eh, mines alright. both volumes at like 3-4 it's not that loud, sounds great.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
eh, family doesnt like loud. ^ dereeek

but he's right, go try one out see for urself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

eh. it's still not loud at that volume. once you hit 4 it starts getting loud, but keep it just under that, and it's alright, still sounds good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
well i know that 4 on the jr is definately loud for me, and wt the epi i can dial it to 7 and get that sweet break up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It's a loud amp, you'll be able to use it at home, but you won't be getting the best sounds out of it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
also thread starter, do u have any pedals and what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

There are these headphones that you can buy at your local music store that you plug into your amp so you can hear the amplified guitar and everyone else only hears the strumming sound u would hear if your guitar wasn't plugged in.
Shes a rebel, she's a saint
Quote by Guitartim
There are these headphones that you can buy at your local music store that you plug into your amp so you can hear the amplified guitar and everyone else only hears the strumming sound u would hear if your guitar wasn't plugged in.

They will only work if the amp has a line out or headphone jack though. Unless you are talking about a headphone amp which can only work with headphones.
It's funny seeing my name everywhere... I scroll through a thread and think I've actually posted
Hi, I'm Peter
You'll be fine using the Blues Jr. for bedroom practice. Tube amps do sound better at high volumes, but it'll break up when cranked, so you'll have a cleaner tone at low volumes anyways.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by jj1565
also thread starter, do u have any pedals and what type of music do u play?

i dont have any pedals
i play mostly classic rock, southern rock, some country, and a little blues
i currently play a epi lp througha MG30CD(yeh i know it sucks)
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
You'll probably need an overdrive to get into classic rock territory on the Blues Jr. at low volumes.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
It's a good amp. Just a little too loud for bedroom practice, but perfect for small gigs and band practices.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.