Hi guys I'm new here. I used to play the bass a lot when I was younger (played in a steel band, jazz band, and also a concert band), but after a little while I got distracted with all the work of being an engineering student and just life at home. I'm hoping to pick up the bass again as I really wanted to play it for my gf again as she used to love it and I realized something...

While I was using guitar pro to learn the bass line for nicklebacks song "Savin me" The bass player really wasen't trying that hard. What I wanted to do was learn the guitar line on the bass, I know it'll sound deeper but it's a really nice lead guitar line. Is there any rules or methods to transpose it from a treble cliff to a bass cliff so I can play it on the bass?

Thanks in advance .
Ok first off...good luck playing bass to your gf...that is retarded

secondly PLEASE don't learn anything nickelback

play somthing else
Quote by JET116

play somthing else

not very helpful, are you?

in treble clef, the middle line is B. on the bass clef, it's D in the middle.

hope that helps.
Thanks guys!

as for the person who things playing for someone you love is retarded, just wanna know why you think so? I'm still a student, I'm sorry I don't have the time to join a band, or just play infront of a crowd of people. This way atleast I keep myself motivated to play, it gives me a reason on top of the fact that I love to just play the bass.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
id reccomend transcribing it in tabalture. its a lot easier

I disagree. If you learn in tab, it makes it harder to learn to read actual music. Plus, being able to read Standard notation will open doors... to music theory and to opprotunities.

to each his own, I guess.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by poochy
I disagree. If you learn in tab, it makes it harder to learn to read actual music. Plus, being able to read Standard notation will open doors... to music theory and to opprotunities.

to each his own, I guess.

Oh I can already read music, I took music throughout high school, and can still read it pretty well, although not as well as before.

Hmm can anyone prescribe me good lovey dovey songs that I can play on the bass? Perferably easy somewhat, I'm just starting to get back into it. Something common please.
Quote by Alien_Soldier
Oh I can already read music, I took music throughout high school, and can still read it pretty well, although not as well as before.

Hmm can anyone prescribe me good lovey dovey songs that I can play on the bass? Perferably easy somewhat, I'm just starting to get back into it. Something common please.

my previous post is null and void to you then transcribe it in tab.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
^x2 lovey dovey?

hmm....

*thinks real hard*

*thinks real hard again*

*fails*

sorry man, no lovey dovey recommendations from me but girls usually love when you play their favorite song, even if its just root notes...I've played 7 Nation Army and a buttload of Greenday songs for girls and they all loved it...shes your girlfriend so you probably know of her favorite song/band, just go with that.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 30, 2006,
Not to mean, but bass really isn't the best serenading instrument.

Sing. Even if you suck. Chicks LOVE when you try to sing.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Great plan for getting the girl:

Make a song with guitar and bass. get an ugly guitarist to play (just in case, so she dosnt fall for him instead :p

You should sing of course. badly. or really good, not inbetween . That way, she'll fall in love with how much supposed time you took to write it (cough 5 Mins cough) or she'll be too busy laughing her head of at how "cute" you were trying to hit that high note and failing miserably.

good luck!
Hmm ya...that's where "Sav'in me" and "Far Away", and I'm a pretty good singer..lol I sing to her all the time.

BTW: I don't need to impress her,lol she's been with me for 6 years, and actually says she wants to marry me *Shrugs*. I just wanna suprise her with those to songs, but I suck at transposing the guitar treble cliff into the bass cliff.
Play GUNS N' ROSES!!! Crap, I forgot the name of the song. But it's sick, and is pretty much led by bass guitar... I just remember some of the lines:

look at me softly...
There's something in your eyes..

*blackout*

don't you cry no more...

I love this song, it's possible to play bass and sing at the same moment.
Quote by JET116

play somthing else

Quote by Creature5
nigga, what choo smokin'

both of you have been warned.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
i do love thing by stu hamm.

or i do the orion interlude, which chicks like.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!