Would putting duct tape on a guitar damage it when you take it off?

I put a piece of tape with "Daisy" written on it on the front of my strat. *idiot*
It was a pathetic, temporary attempt at customizing it making it not almost identical to my best friend's when I first got it, and I thought it looked neat at first.
But now I want to sell it.
Mum says just tear it off, but I'm not sure if it's safe.

Is there anything I need to do so I don't destroy it?

EDIT: (Sorry if this doesn't belong here!)
I'm aware we're in a church.
Yes, my daddy's the minster.
I know he's preaching, he does that every sunday.
Oh, what are these?
Tarot cards of course.
Last edited by missXtoro at Jul 30, 2006,
Take it off VERY easy, DON'T pull, lift it gently or you'll tear the paint off it.

If you do do that, it would leave some nasty ass glue. I'm not sure what removes glue.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i't shouldn't make any difference, However if it does leave a sticky residue after you remover it just rub it off with a warm damp cloth, should solve the problem.
Just pull it off slowly. Dont rip it off. Use some Goo-Gone on it, available at your Local walmart hardware store, etc to get the residue off.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
Quote by Stop Messin'
Take it off VERY easy, DON'T pull, lift it gently or you'll tear the paint off it.

If you do do that, it would leave some nasty ass glue. I'm not sure what removes glue.

Actually, it probably wouldnt unless it was a very think nitro coat or something like that. Youll hardly ever be able to really "tear" the paint off a guitar. Its always more clearcoat than paint.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
alcohol also works vey well
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
i used a sock dipped in whiskey to get the gunk of my mate's guitar when he sold it too me, no gunk and a drink, perfect

(only trouble was when i eventualy wore the sock my feet smelt REALLY werid
wd 40 pawns those other things at getting sticky goo off of things. it also lubricates and protects you body!
there's this stuff called "Gunk" that they sell at my local harware store, and it works wonders on everything gunky and grimey and etc. I carry a can in my guitar case all the time
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by The1963Riffer
Just pull it off slowly. Dont rip it off. Use some Goo-Gone on it, available at your Local walmart hardware store, etc to get the residue off.

that works...or acny (s/p) face pad with alcohol in them work also.