tell me more about these niney solos
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
any thng from dimebag... was Domination from the 90's??if it is thtas my choice.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
If by Niney he means Nineties (as in 90's sp?) It would probably be either N Sync or S Club 7 becuase that's all that happened during the 90's
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
EVH-Poundcake, Right Now, Can't Stop Loving You, Without You

Mick Mars-Misunderstood

AC/DC-Thunderstruck, Moneytalks
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Dudage
If by Niney he means Nineties (as in 90's sp?) It would probably be either N Sync or S Club 7 becuase that's all that happened during the 90's

And Pantera was....?

definitely the Art of Shredding or Floods by Pantera
Dickless.
siva-smashing pumpkins
zero
cherub rock
pissant
**** you
here is no why
all by SP
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I gotta say all the "anti-solo's" of the grunge movement. Im not a big fan of solos.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by theDecieved1
OoOo, i got one, every song on metallica's black album

i don't think every song had a solo, and a few of the metallica songs I know and like have Godawful (IMO) solos concidering what a GOD hammet is play otherwise.

Quote by zekk
i don't think every song had a solo, and a few of the metallica songs I know and like have Godawful (IMO) solos concidering what a GOD hammet is play otherwise.

yea, every song had a solo. Hammett is and amazing and versitile player in my opinion..... especially on that album
Quote by theDecieved1
yea, every song had a solo. Hammett is and amazing and versitile player in my opinion..... especially on that album

Don't get me weong, I do love his playing. And they did? Kool.

Personally, I love the solo's in Where Was I? and Whats Goin' Down by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Cant forget about Soulshine from the Allman Brothers/Warren Haynes either.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
what? the? ****????

anyways, dime and petrucci

I don't really like solo's. There not that great IMO. The noise solo's of Nirvana were in my opinion really kool.

Quote by theDecieved1

hammets doesn't add much heart to his solo's though, it's just a lot of fast scaling imo. i love metallica and don't get me wrong hammet is a good guitarist, but maiden riffs and solo's have 10 times more heart than hammets solo's even though they're a heap slower.

and to mr anti-solo, the first solo i every learnt was the solo to teen spirit :P
I never learned teen spirit. Never bought NeverMind. I have Bleach, In Utero, Incesticide, With The Lights out, and a **** load of singles, but no Nevermind. And Kurt did alot more noise solo's then real ones.

Megadeth - Hangar 18
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Quote by zekk
I don't really like solo's. There not that great IMO. The noise solo's of Nirvana were in my opinion really kool.

saying any of nirvana's solos were cool is like calling an ugly kid with a speech impetiment a "ladies man".

just doesn't compute.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
saying any of nirvana's solos were cool is like calling an ugly kid with a speech impetiment a "ladies man".

just doesn't compute.

Its a matter of opinion my friend. I was and still am a very big fan of grunge. Nirvana is a cool band to me, there Solos and anti-solos IN MY ****ING OPINION are wikked. You don't like it you don't have to say **** about it.

Probably something off of the Use Your Illusions albums for me. O wait Yellow Ledbetter!(the whole song has a really cool guitar). A lot of stuff by Pearl Jam had really cool solos. O yeah than theres Jerry Cantrell. Soundgarden had cool guitar parts in their songs. O and i like some of Dimebag's stuff but not all of it because it can get a little boring to me because i'm not a metal head.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by zekk
Its a matter of opinion my friend. I was and still am a very big fan of grunge. Nirvana is a cool band to me, there Solos and anti-solos IN MY ****ING OPINION are wikked. You don't like it you don't have to say **** about it.

i keep for getting why you're adding yuor ****ING OPINION about how bad soloing is to a forum topic that discusses the best nineties solo. i mean nirvana isn't the only band in the world, you do realise that right? I like some nirvana songs, probably the more mainstream ones because they seem a lot more structured, it seems your so obsessed with the image of grunge and the rebell against all other music and rebel against the mainstream that you're not even faithful to nirvana by listening to the album that really made them.

Not trying to flame i just wanted to gang up on you a little bit to show you that indeed your rather in your face opinion isn't very welcome when it's a thread topic destroying one.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
i keep for getting why you're adding yuor ****ING OPINION about how bad soloing is to a forum topic that discusses the best nineties solo. i mean nirvana isn't the only band in the world, you do realise that right? I like some nirvana songs, probably the more mainstream ones because they seem a lot more structured, it seems your so obsessed with the image of grunge and the rebell against all other music and rebel against the mainstream that you're not even faithful to nirvana by listening to the album that really made them.

Not trying to flame i just wanted to gang up on you a little bit to show you that indeed your rather in your face opinion isn't very welcome when it's a thread topic destroying one.

Okay. What ****ing drugs have you been doing? I said I didn't really like solos. I never said solos were bad. I said I didn't like them. My god. I love grunge, but I don't try a rebel. I just don't like solos. There to showoffy in my opinion. I like a **** load of other music. Like music and liking the solos are to very diffrent things dumbass.

And how the **** am I not "faithful" to a band by not listining to the album that sold them to the world? To me its not one of there better albums based on the songs I've heard. (Teen Spirit, In Bloom, Something In the Way, Breed, Teratorial Pissings)

I like alot of other music. RHCP, Metallica, Korn, Judas Priest, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddly, Placebo, Jimi Hendrix to name a few.

probably all the solos off the use your illusion albums, the black album, some red hot chili peppers stuff. pearl jam stuff is cool too
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

megadeth- tornado of souls (marty friedman)

testament - return to serenity (alex skolnick)

extreme - get the funk out (nuno bettencourt)

there's 3 off the top of my head.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bonchie1

just doesn't compute.

you are a ****tard. It's about sound, which boils down to personal taste, which means that you cannot possibly say whats good and whats not.

And I'm sure there are girls out there that dig speech impediments.
Dickless.