I've been trying all day to make a pinch harmonic, and I'm having a lot of trouble. I looked up a couple guides, tried a few times, then finally got a weird sound. I recorded it with my phone:

http://media.putfile.com/Pinch-Harmonic

Is that a pinch harmonic, or just really bad feedback? It didn't really sound like my normal feedback, so I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.
yeah that sounds like a pretty good pinch.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
ya its pretty decent now what you have to do is play a run and hit pinch harmonics and give it lots of vibrato.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Yup, that sounds like a pinch harmonic!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Now that I have that one down, I have on last question. That was a pinch harmonic on the 3rd fret on the g string and I picked right above the neck humbucker. If I wanted to do a pinch harmonic on a different string/fret, would I need to find another spot to pick, or will it work if I keep picking above the humbucker?
It would probably work, depending what fret you are on.
If you have a HH setup, in the middle or below the neck pickup is the best place to be. For a SSS setup, between the neck and middle pickups is where you should aim for.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.