Page 1 of 2
Feel free to do anything you want with this mods, as you are incharge.

Theres a bunch of Best Rig and Professional Rig threads, but I havent seen a Worst Rig Thread. All I know it that theres a bunch of people bashing certain amps around here.

What you do:
Post the rig that you would want the least. This includes ONE amp, ONE guitar, and a few effects. Maybe any extras. You can post a few rigs, if you would like, that you would hate to have.

So heres mine:
Amp: Marshall MG15 DFX
Guitar: BC Rich Warlock
Pedals: Those FAB pedals by Danelectro

(My friend actually has that amp and guitar. The amp has the worst sound ever, and the guitar has a rusted bridge, strings are gross and cut your fingers, and has fret buzz.)

Your Turn :
ummmm well an invisble amp with an air guitar that somehow gets feedback......
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
did you think this thread through before you posted it?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Some kind of agathis guitar.
A line 6 spider 2, oh definitely the mg for recording
Some Danelectro FAB pedals.
My Actual rig:
Robson Plywood strat copy
Robson 10w amp
Metronome?
Squier strat
Marshall Mg10
Digitech Grunge pedal

Worst sounding thing I've ever heard. It left me traumatized .
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Squier Telecaster with Duncan rail bridge (didn't help!)
Through Marshall MG10CD

I played through this. Wow. I died.
Danelectro guitar (Dunno the model, it's my friends)
Peavey Rage 158
Arion Tubulator
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

well i'd bet there is going to be quite some Mar**** MGs and Spider Line-6 II amps, some squiers, and well BC Riches.
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock AND first act Acoustic
Arion Dist
MG10
^ agreed

Quote by llanafreak44
my x rig

Behringer Guitar
Behringer 15 watt v tone peice of ****
Metal Master

i actaully started w/ a behringer vtone pack
not bad for a begginer, but i'm saving up for a new amp right now, so i still use the 15 watt amp, but w/ a Schecter 006 Elite, so it sounds alot better than it did
lawlkyle
first act guitar
first act amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
First Act guitar, Esteban amp(the powerful 10W amp with an Overdrive button to give you awesome electric style sounds, if you haven't seen the infomercial.)
Gibson Les Paul Custom --> Budda Budwah --> Damage Control Demonizer --> Soldano Avenger head --> Mesa Daul Recifier cabinet.
Quote by Vomitorator
I think this thread would be better if it was name a fameous persons guitar rig that you hate. I'm going to start this off: wayne statics

now, why do you gotta go n diss wayne static like that?
lawlkyle
A broken electric basoon
A Behringer EQ set to sound like crap
And an MG10 turned up with a broken speaker.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
PRS Custom 24 Ten-Top 20th Anniversary
Godin Freeway Classic
Hartke GT-60C
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 30R
Korg Toneworks AX3000G

Marshall BluesBreaker
4uzz Face
Bazz Fuzz
DayDrive [Self-Designed]
Various Pedals For People

eat me

commencing flame war in

*runs for cover*
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Klayy... DGHFUTJNDFTYSDNVFJIOYFSAFD!!!!

haha. But I bet you have one of these crappy rigs so thats why your jealous.

Not quite, but not the best ever (and not better than yours), thats for sure. Just imagine that some people may actually own the rigs listed there.
Anyway, I think that the worst rig is an ooold rotten acoustic (only 3 strings left. And rusty as hell) with a bad electric guitar pickup screwed on and run through a pc speaker in a cave. Now that's some natural reverb
I'd probably go with a westfield HSS strat (if they make one) retrofitted with a Duncan Invader bridge pickup, and two hot rails

Marshall MG amp.

Aye, that'd suck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jimmy Page Gibson Les Paul
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Full Stack
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Pod XT Live

Wish List
Marshall DSL401
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Maxon OD-9
Boss DD-3
Digitech Whammy
ISP Decimator
MXR Phase 90 EVH
Ibanez Weeping Demon
my friends rig,

epi goth V
spyder 30 watt.
wasted 800 bucks on that. i could have gotten him nicer stuff for half that price.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
instead of just making it up, post "your" bad rig or someone you know

a friend of mine had a crappy ass broken down Aria with a small 10w crate amp from the 90's with intermittent cables and no effects.............. and his wife bought him one of those cheesey $1 guitars off ebay which wouldn't even make a good childrens toy its so bad.
I'm going to be honest here, I'm not going to go for cheap stuff:

Amp:

One of those high wattage solid state Randall things... Honestly the worst amp I've ever tried bar none, how people pay for that trash is beyond me. If it's got to be tube then for the price either a Krank or the Mesa Mark IV IMHO, they both sound cheesy, have no dynamics and sound way too much like a synthesizer.

Guitar:

PRS hollowbody, I'm not a fan of their solid bodies really but this thing is just in a whole new league of awfulness. I've tried at least 15 and not one has hit me as mediocre, even the finishes have been awful (on the most part.) And don't get me started on the lifeless sound with absolutely no balls and no dynamics. For the price I'm expecting something slightly better sounding than an Encore.

Effects:

Keeley's Katana boost is awful, it absolutely ruined the sound of the black face I was playing it with. The Voodoo lab sparkle drive is just plain harsh. The Jaques Spin Archer or whatever it's called sounded like a throbbing heart not a spinning speaker. The fulltone OCD sounded mediocre at best, certainly not worthy of the price tag or the hype (as with all his pedals really.)

EDIT: No offence if you own this stuff of course.... Although you may want to think or replacing a few things.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Worst rig I've ever seen at a gig?

PRS Custom 513 (or whatever the real name is)
Marshall MG 30w (one of those tiny ones)

I hated that kid the whole time he played (at least you couldn't hear him, if anyone played he was drowned out) The funny thing is, I don't think the sound guy even mic'ed his amp, he knew it from the start.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
The rig I posted is my rhythm guitarists. He just doesn't understand why I roll my eyes when he says he wants to play this song. The boy's gotta be tone deaf, he thinks it sounds "crunchy and awesome".
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

my co guitarists recording rig in one of my bands Jackson King V>Boss MT-2>Marshall MG30DFX

He insists that this sdounds great however everytime he sends me his guitar tracks for me to mix i end up having to scrap them because his guitar tone makes the entire mix sound bad.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by power freak
I'm going to be honest here, I'm not going to go for cheap stuff:

Amp:

One of those high wattage solid state Randall things... Honestly the worst amp I've ever tried bar none, how people pay for that trash is beyond me. If it's got to be tube then for the price either a Krank or the Mesa Mark IV IMHO, they both sound cheesy, have no dynamics and sound way too much like a synthesizer.

Guitar:

PRS hollowbody, I'm not a fan of their solid bodies really but this thing is just in a whole new league of awfulness. I've tried at least 15 and not one has hit me as mediocre, even the finishes have been awful (on the most part.) And don't get me started on the lifeless sound with absolutely no balls and no dynamics. For the price I'm expecting something slightly better sounding than an Encore.

Effects:

Keeley's Katana boost is awful, it absolutely ruined the sound of the black face I was playing it with. The Voodoo lab sparkle drive is just plain harsh. The Jaques Spin Archer or whatever it's called sounded like a throbbing heart not a spinning speaker. The fulltone OCD sounded mediocre at best, certainly not worthy of the price tag or the hype (as with all his pedals really.)

EDIT: No offence if you own this stuff of course.... Although you may want to think or replacing a few things.

+1 on the krank sucking, lewis. Still haven't tried a mark IV though.

I quite liked the sparkle drive to be honest....

but yeah, it was a bit treblier than a maxon od808. Maybe the amp I was playing through (JMI vox ac30 clone) calmed it down a bit.

still, the klon centaur is where it's at from the OD's I've tried. Pity it's like £300+.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whatever falloutboy uses
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Page 1 of 2