Page 2 of 58
I picked up Gregor Samsa's 55:12 yesterday. Great stuff, one of my favorite post-rock bands.
useless post, but i'm really interested in all this, if anyone has any full albums (non-mogwai/explosions in the sky/godspeed you! black emperor/a silver mt. zion) that they can send to me, IM sspectralfiress via AIM.. thanks
up c down c are quite good, but not as good as up up down down left right BLAH BLAH BLAH.

you might like youthmovie soundtrack strategies, although a lot of their stuff is more mathy.

65daysofstatic are quite good. they have awesome programmed beats and stuff.

yndi halda are very godspeedy.

some of these have probably been mentioned already. i didnt read, so i dont know. i would have listed more, but you probably wont listen to them. meh. check it.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
The Album Leaf is definitely one of my favorites. Sigur Ros, Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky have all been mentioned... Those are just my preferences. The Album Leaf is great though :]
My favorite right now is Tortoise. They're kinda Jazzy, but that only adds to the badassery. I think they're better than 99.9% of Post-Rock.. that 0.1% being Godspeed.
John Frusciante Club Member #7
Quote by ando3300
My favorite right now is Tortoise. They're kinda Jazzy, but that only adds to the badassery. I think they're better than 99.9% of Post-Rock.. that 0.1% being Godspeed.

What's your favorite album? I've been meaning to get some tortoise stuff for a long time. I mean a looong time. Not sure which would be most worth my time.

ps... on www.thrilljockey.com you can listen to full albums (i.e. most noteworthy being tortoise and the sea and cake)

They perform 'Salt the Skies' on my one Burn to Shine DVD. It's a really good performance (as well as Shellac doing their new song "Steady as She Goes")
Just search them out on myspace.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Unseen_hero
What's your favorite album? I've been meaning to get some tortoise stuff for a long time. I mean a looong time. Not sure which would be most worth my time.

ps... on www.thrilljockey.com you can listen to full albums (i.e. most noteworthy being tortoise and the sea and cake)

They perform 'Salt the Skies' on my one Burn to Shine DVD. It's a really good performance (as well as Shellac doing their new song "Steady as She Goes")

I have It's All Around You, and it's really good stuff. Of course, that's all I have, so I can't really compare.
Quote by andrewbiles
Just search them out on myspace.

Yes, they're on myspace, but no, you can't listen to all of their songs there. You also can't download any of them. They're also not in great quality.
Well the EP is being re-released in a couple of months, so wait a little while and buy it

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
yes, with a brand new fourth track as well oOooOOo

I quite want a yndi halda t-shirt/poster from Big scary monsters. God i love that label
My favourites:

Explosions in the Sky
Mogwai
Sigur Ros
Of Sinking Ships
God is an Astronaut
Ulrich Schnauss
The Album Leaf
Do Make Say Think
Mono
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
M83 (Great electronic/synth Post Rock)

Im so glad there is this thread, cant find many people who love this music on this site.
It's all SHRED SHRED MASTER SOLO!!!!! METAL RULEZ!
Quote by nearvana
Everybody forgot the Evpatoria Report. What are you guys smoking? ;-)

hell yea. just found about these guys yesterday.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=38759104

russian circles is badass as well.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=31220613
Quote by Caustic

That's the level cheat for Sonic!

Correction, SONIC 3!

I love the genre, but why has no one mentioned Caspian? their album, 'You Are The Conductor' is a post rock necessity!
this thread has made me realize how much i hate american post rock bands, and bands that have popped up in the last few years waving the post rock banner
Quote by starsnostars
this thread has made me realize how much i hate american post rock bands, and bands that have popped up in the last few years waving the post rock banner

:/
ive really been into...

russian circles
explosions in the sky
broken social scene
mogwai
sigur ros
and maybe a bit more

any recommendations?
if any wants, i can pm a fabulous site with hundreds of unknown (and some known) post rock records for DL.

*hides from the internet police*
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
if any wants, i can pm a fabulous site with hundreds of unknown (and some known) post rock records for DL.

P2P?

just go in and get it?
via site upload. mostly mega upload
Quote by sponj
via site upload. mostly mega upload

*hugs sponj*

gimme gimme gimme

thank you

Edit: also that site you linked to in the noise thread doesnt let me DL...this saddens me.
^^ Are you talking about that blog one that's part of a bigger site?

RateYourMusic
Quote by sponj

do it.
Quote by andrewbiles
^^ Are you talking about that blog one that's part of a bigger site?

yes
Here?

RateYourMusic
There's a definite lack of Destroyalldreamers, Daturah, and Irepress in this thread.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
The new Red Sparowes album is absolutely amazing, just as good as the Debut. Thought id mention that.

Also mention:

Don Caballero - for fans of Pelican
Múm - for fans of Sigur Ros/Album Leaf
Beef Terminal - for fans of GY!BE
Jesu - for fans of Isis/Red Sparowes
Mono - for fans of Mogwai
Zombi - for fans of John Carpenter movies/Prog

A local band called Day For Airstrikes are worthy of a mention too, DFA played with Ef the last time they visited the UK and it was fantastic. Ef should be huge by now, there brilliant.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.