Haven't been around these parts of the forum in a while, but in the last few days I've written a piece that I MIGHT consider to be the best I've ever done. I was honestly shocked at how much I love to listen to this MIDI file.

The title is silly, but I never properly name things. I had originally intended for it to be a melo-death piece, but I obviously moved away from that. A few people said it sounds like Iron Maiden, which I guess it sort of does here and there. (especially the outro)

The only thing I'd like to improve is the length, which someday I might try and add some riffs to make it longer.

Anyway, here it is, drop me a crit and tell me what you think of it. By the way, it sounds quite a bit better with MIDI, not RSE.

Attachments:
Bobblehead.zip
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Last edited by apocalypse13 at Jul 30, 2006,
You've already heard my opinions so I wont go into incredible detail Nice work on this one. I like the way you handled it. Iron Maideny, Friedmany, Apocy goodness.
Dude, that's fookin' awesome!

seriously, I love the arrangement & everything!

however, at then end, for the melody line, I think it could use a 3rds harmony to create like a kinda epic outro thing...
but as-is, it's really a cool tune. Keep up the good work
I pended on adding a third guitar but I decided not to, in hopes to finish it quicker. But it is a good idea, I still might do so.

Thanks guys, keep em coming!
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

that was awesome dude. umm i cant think of anything really wrong with it at all....definitely maiden-esque though, i liked it a lot. o wait, the part in the middle of the guitar solo were the guitar stopped playing for 4 measures (really 2 measures repeated) sounded a little off, sorta destroying the flow for a while, but thats IMO and it could be easily fixed.
Please crit for crit. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404106
This was a really great song. It barely repeats itself, and has plenty of riffs to keep you interested. The only part I didn't like was in bars 15-16, the guitars just sound so random to me. My favorite part was the outro, very cool way to end this song and a thirds harmony would sound nice, as someone mentioned before, but it still sounds great. Sweet solo too, it wasn't a bunch of minor pentatonic runs, but a nice B minor scale and again not boring at all.

Overall this was great song, very much like Maiden, as you said.
I really liked it, hope to hear some more of your songs.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Great work, i loved the solo..... It went into the next part of the song great, Great flow too.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Thanks for all the comments guys! Keep em coming!

I liked the idea to add a third harmony and I did do that. I'm still making small adjustments, and will post a revised version sometime.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

It's nice, very Maiden-ish... but I liked it. No recomendations from me today... it's good and I'm too tired to be picky.