I've been playing for about a year and a half and i'm looking to buy a new electric guitar. I currently have a crappy squier I'm looking to get a good guitar that will last me. budget under 1200 dollars. prefererably less i was thinking about getting an american strat but i'm not sure. what should i get?
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Ibanez S series are good. But there's plenty of others especially with your limit. What kind of music do you play though?
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
i play classic rock and rock. I'm starting to play a lot of AC/DC stuff and some beatles so you can figure what i play from that.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Quote by HermanForce
Ibanez S series are good. But there's plenty of others especially with your limit. What kind of music do you play though?

i wonder why you said Ibanez S series, going by your name

with that budged you will pretty much have your choice besides high end gibsons,

of course you can never go wrong with an ameri-strat.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

A nice SG would be good, but that Fender you're thinking of also fit's your style quite well.
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
What kind of amp do you have? That will make the biggist difference in sound.
As for the guitar the American Strat would be great, but you'll want a fat strat. You will want a humbucker to play your style of music.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
actually i still have the really ****ty practice amp that came with the squier but the guitar is going to come first then a new amp.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
how long before you get a new amp?
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
I'll be honest unless you plan on getting a new amp right after buying the guitar I would split the money and buy a guitar and amp. you could still get an american strat and then maybe get a vox valvatronix or full valve amp.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
get an American Strat with Humbuckers and the S1 Split Coil. very versitile and they run along the lines of 900-1000
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Get a marhall dsl401 amp first, it would improve your sound by a lot. After that, get an epiphone elitist or something. These two are perfect for your kind of music.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"