Well I should of started taking pictures a week ago in it's first stages, but this is what is keeping me busy lately.

This is the first one I have ever made, so I went with an internal frame for it. The next one will be all finger jointed as I just got a new router and router table today (which makes for a complete wood working shop in my garage) Sticking fairly close to the Marshall 1960A dimensions for this one. It will be finished with dark green tolex and a gold colored grill (not my first choice of colors but it's what my friend wants as I''m building this for him) Anyways I will put more pics up as it comes along.
Last edited by notsofun at Jul 31, 2006,
Yeah me neither, but it is what he wants and he is paying for it. It isn't so much gold as it is a honey wheat color.
Looks good! You are going to put plywood on the front as a baffle and put a brace between the baffle and the back of the cab, right?
looks cool - where did you get the specs for the sizes from? I've just got myself 4 matched celestion's and want to do this kind of cab, but I don't know anyone with a 1960A to measure.
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?
For sure going to use MDF for the baffle it will be attached to the frame and with a support on the back. In terms of the specs I did some reading and also took a tape measurer to Guitar Center to double check my measurements. They go as the following the whole cab is 29 1/4" high. It is 30" wide. The bottom depth is 14" and top depth is 10 3/4". If you build an internal frame keep in mind that the plywood you put over it is 3/4" thick so you would subtract 1 1/2" from your width and height for just the frame. Also you want to factor in that the baffle will be sitting back some and you will probalby be building a grill for it as well so don't forget to factor in those dimensions.
I defenently want to see how it turns out! this is a very cool project and I might do it myself once too, but right now I'm still waiting to see how you're going to do it!
hows the build going?
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?