Page 1 of 2
What type of RG is Herman Li using in the "Through the Fire and Flames" video?

I went to their page, and it said he used RGs, and I looked it up on ibanez.com and I found one like it, but the one in his pic looks like it has more rounded edges.

For all who haven't saw the video, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJeQKD7qyo

This has been bugging me SO bad.

Thanks.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's actually an S series guitar.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Really?

I know it has those stripes on it, and it doesn't look like and archtop.

I could be wrong, but I know he uses S series, it just said on the page he has 2 RGs and it looked like it in the vid.

Saxo-Walrus

Its an S470SOL (stained oil finish), i think he modified the bridge from Lo-TRS to an OFR/Lo-Pro Edge.

Now he's using an S2170FB (or stained oil finish), S-Prestige.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 31, 2006,
Okay, thanks

Saxo-Walrus

i hate herman li
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
wtf? why??

this is why: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2qY_Rn_qKs&search=dragonforce%20guitar%20world

"As a side note, this is probably one of the worst "Betcha Can't Play This" columns to ever appear in Guitar World...but it's still funny and hey, chances are, you could play it better, haha. Probably should be renamed to, "Betcha Can't Play This - Cause We Can't Either!" Don't get me wrong, I know these guys can be a lot better than this, but man... "

as a second side note: the other guitar player is complete garbage. i could play that years ago and i'm 15.
Last edited by Vomitorator at Jul 31, 2006,
^ that was a pritty ****ty betcha cant play it column. Although he is a sick guitarist that one was just sad I thought.
How do you play a tapping part that easy, that sloppily?

Edit: And there are sections of the ****ing Harry Potter theme that are tougher than that sweep.
Quote by Vomitorator
this is why: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2qY_Rn_qKs&search=dragonforce%20guitar%20world

"As a side note, this is probably one of the worst "Betcha Can't Play This" columns to ever appear in Guitar World...but it's still funny and hey, chances are, you could play it better, haha. Probably should be renamed to, "Betcha Can't Play This - Cause We Can't Either!" Don't get me wrong, I know these guys can be a lot better than this, but man... "

as a second side note: the other guitar player is complete garbage. i could play that years ago and i'm 15.

Yes, it was a crappy vid, they were most likely drunk out of their heads, and they probably should have waited till they were sober enough.

But if he's so bad, and that's you hate him, what about this (I know the song is getting old, but it's the only good vid I couild find of an awesome solo with Sam too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KL78ufx2Yw

Saxo-Walrus

i cant believe Sam uses a Seymour DUncan Invader in his neck and yes that was sloppy.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by fallenangel20
Yes, it was a crappy vid, they were most likely drunk out of their heads, and they probably should have waited till they were sober enough.

But if he's so bad, and that's you hate him, what about this (I know the song is getting old, but it's the only good vid I couild find of an awesome solo with Sam too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KL78ufx2Yw

Right, the only song I like from DF is through the fire and flames.

That video is just ridiculous, you see that small box which shows a close up of their fingers? it doesn't match at all.

their fingers are ridiculous, everything is exaggerated, i can make smells like teen spirit look much harder than that.
^about his guitar, he uses an S470 with stained oil finish
and a very simarlar model with body binding, he hasnt changed the trem at all, and hes changed to using seymour duncans i think, thats the only change he made, the rest is all stock
herman li is a christmas tree, he should be put back in a box for another year.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Quote by Andrewsonfire
i hate herman li

....wotta racist...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Invictious
Right, the only song I like from DF is through the fire and flames.

That video is just ridiculous, you see that small box which shows a close up of their fingers? it doesn't match at all.

their fingers are ridiculous, everything is exaggerated, i can make smells like teen spirit look much harder than that.

errr hope you know that the videos were shot at different times, so its pretty fukin hard to play the same song twice exactly

newbs..

sick of hearing dis
Quote by Invictious
Hermit Li ownes Yngwie MommySteams anytime.

*braces for flamage*

you spelt BOTH names wrong on purpose.. what are you? 11?
Quote by SandmaN211
errr hope you know that the videos were shot at different times, so its pretty fukin hard to play the same song twice exactly

newbs..

sick of hearing dis

I wouldn't even bother to answer that retarded statement, fucking retard.
Go back to primary school and learn your spelling and grammar before you come back here.

idiot

To henza: i enjoy spelling names wrong on purpose, because I get so bored at home..all day on UG...
Quote by Invictious
I wouldn't even bother to answer that retarded statement, fucking retard.
Go back to primary school and learn your spelling and grammar before you come back here.

idiot

To henza: i enjoy spelling names wrong on purpose, because I get so bored at home..all day on UG...

idk if the fact your bored really gives you any grounds for **** talking on guitarists that could shred your head off.........instead of being on UG ALL DAY...why not...idk..mabey play your damn guitar..and become better than them..so you can actually **** talk on them..?

just my opinion.....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
why does every thread on this website break down into seperate arguments?
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by Bill Gluckman
And there are sections of the ****ing Harry Potter theme that are tougher than that sweep.

HAHAHA you are so right!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
not to get off topic but does anyone have a good tab site for harry potter music? or just movie soundtrack tabs in general?
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by numbfinger
idk if the fact your bored really gives you any grounds for **** talking on guitarists that could shred your head off.........instead of being on UG ALL DAY...why not...idk..mabey play your damn guitar..and become better than them..so you can actually **** talk on them..?

just my opinion.....

I wasn't making fun of them if you actually read my post and understood it, using your brain and not ass.

I have my guitar on my lap when I surf the forums, when I find something interesting, I apply it.

You are being a retarded dick here, next time, get your facts right before even opening your mouth or typing.
Herman and sam are great guitarists and shredders
thats why theyre touring around the world
they prolly are nervous cause they went from being nobodys to everyone knowin them
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Sam Titman is pretty underrated, but in the betcha can't play this, he can't even play his own music properly at low speeds, but that's because they are drunk, as usual.
Herman Li is slightly overrated, but well, he is always drunk too.

Imagine you were just a no name person, then next day, everybody on the street recognizes you, and when you go to gig, instead of 20 people, there are 20000 people.
Sam Titman
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

its true though, they did seem wierd in that video compared to others ive seen, so to everyone that said they are horrible and the band sucks well..

poo on you
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

S series like the one im getting rly soon!
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I like Herman Li and hes an amazing guitarist, but I was really dissapointed when I found out all his solos were improvised.
Quote by MetalHead_AP
...but I was really dissapointed when I found out all his solos were improvised.

And that is disappointing exactly why?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by MetalHead_AP
I like Herman Li and hes an amazing guitarist, but I was really dissapointed when I found out all his solos were improvised.

But he can improvise that stuff.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Andrewsonfire
i hate herman li

it all started with you...the thread started off as a simple "what guitar is he using in this video" thread...fair enough, but of course someone had to waltz in and bring up the whole "yeah well, he sucks" argument, and here we go again

the guitar world video - played a tapping sequence quite sloppily, showed a sweep arpeggio followed by playing it overly sloppy as well...so what?! unless i see any of you on the Betcha Can't Play This column, i don't think you should be talking

somehow, the fact that he improvises all of his solos at blindingly fast speeds that most of you can only dream of achieving has escaped all of you...so what basis do you have for the argument that he sucks and whatnot? that he's better than you? that he's more well-known as a guitarist? seriously, put your egos back in their boxes and quit with this whole childish argument, if you ever advance as a guitarist and person in general, you will begin to appreciate a guitar player like herman li
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Dragonforce is the **** and so is herman li! Nobody can talk **** if there were not bands like dragonforce there would be bands like greenday on the betcha cant play this videos showing you how to play a powerchord.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Quote by Broken-pick
....wotta racist...

come on.. it has nothing to do with him being black
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Quote by axe_grinder247
it all started with you...the thread started off as a simple "what guitar is he using in this video" thread...fair enough, but of course someone had to waltz in and bring up the whole "yeah well, he sucks" argument, and here we go again

the guitar world video - played a tapping sequence quite sloppily, showed a sweep arpeggio followed by playing it overly sloppy as well...so what?! unless i see any of you on the Betcha Can't Play This column, i don't think you should be talking

somehow, the fact that he improvises all of his solos at blindingly fast speeds that most of you can only dream of achieving has escaped all of you...so what basis do you have for the argument that he sucks and whatnot? that he's better than you? that he's more well-known as a guitarist? seriously, put your egos back in their boxes and quit with this whole childish argument, if you ever advance as a guitarist and person in general, you will begin to appreciate a guitar player like herman li

i didnt say he sucks. I said i hated him... theres not even a fine line there, hes a good guitar player and i REALLY hate him and the gay ass cheesy singer. and i didnt say it was a ****ty video..

EDIT: EGO!?!? Im not good enough to have a ego
Quote by t.t deville
Page 1 of 2