I absolutely love this band and I've searched many times without finding a thread. I didn't really know which forum to post in so correct me if I'm wrong by posting here, but I would consider them alternative, I guess. Favorite albums would have to be Wish and Disintegration. Please discuss.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
i love the disintegration album as well.
i first heard the band on a muchmusic wedge show. it was a video for "pictures of you", and i loved it ever since.
i think they have been classified as goth-rock or something, but yeah alternative would probably be fitting as well
i like them but have never been able to decide which album(s) to get. i like let's go to bed, pictures of you, six different ways, friday i'm in love and some more. Any ideas for albums?
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
I love the Cure! I can go on and on listing the songs that I love, there's just so many. Their songs are so diverse and cover so many emotions.

I started out just listening to their greatest hits, but digging deeper into their albums is extremely extremely rewarding. Now for albums my favorites out of the ones I have are Disintegration and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me. The Head on the Door is pretty damn good too.

I really need to get Wish; all the songs that I have from that album ("High", "Friday I'm In Love", "A Letter to Elise") are brilliant. I dunno, it seems pretty much everything they made through the 80s up to Wish is worth getting...I'm not as big on their new stuff, to be honest, though "The End of the World" was a good song.

P.S. Who else really likes "The Walk"? I really like the "Japanese-y" sound of that song...
Quote by starsnostars
how hard did you try?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312940

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352712

anyway, since the subject is open now, anyone know which reissues are coming out?

Dammit. I like proving people they're useless searchers when they say that
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic