How should i pick the fast lick on the fade to black intro solo, ive been trying to learn it lately and i just cant get it up to speed for some reason.
However you feel like picking it. You just need to practice, practice, practice! to get it up to speed.

I economy-pick it for the record. It works pretty well in my case.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Yeah, I economy-pick.
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
i alt pick it, but i pick fast

maybe try learning damage inc. and then fade to black. the intro solo will be a breeze.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Jul 31, 2006,
its a sweep/alternate picking hybrid, u sweep when u switch strings and u alternate pick if u stay on one string
Quote by iloveboobs99
what is economy picking

If the next note is on a lower string(closer to you I mean) then use and upstroke, if the next note is on a higher string, downstoke. Just play it how you feel comfortable, I use all downpicking, I've never seen anyone do that, but that's the most comfortable for me.
Quote by iloveboobs99
what is economy picking

By applying the theory of supply and demand by Alfred marshall into your picking technqiue, that's economy picking.
Quote by MastaBassist10
I hammer it all.

well. It isn't hammered =\

Anyway, I "economy pick" the fast part. Everything else I alt pick.
Quote by The way to hate
well. It isn't hammered =\

Anyway, I "economy pick" the fast part. Everything else I alt pick.

As in, I don't pick the ultra-fast parts. I just hammer with my left hand.
Quote by suicidalmoose
how does the hammering sound? i always alt pick but i'm usually a bit slow.

Well, it sounds less bright because its not picked. The pick adds a ton of brightness to your sound, ask any educated bass player. Anyways, its really hard to do, the only reason I can do it it because I worked on the "Know Your Enemy" (Rage Against the Machine) solo, and there's a part where Morello plays with his killswitch while playing the solo, so you gotta learn to play left hand only.
I can't figure out how to get the tabs to come up right so heres the order of how ipick the notes. (starting on 15th fret B string)

|------14(^)-19(|_|)-14(^)---------15(|_|)p14-----------------------------------|
|-15(|_|)-----------------15(^)---------------15(^)---17(|_|)-15(^)-14(|_|)---|
|------------------------------16(^)--------------14(^)-------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|---------------------------------------------------------|
|----16(^)-14B(|_|)-----------------------------------|
(|_|=downstroke, ^=upstroke)

Last edited by highwaysalmon at Jul 31, 2006,
I've always alternate picked the intro.

But, I'm different. It sounded good to me though..
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Haha, n00bs don't have the coordination to pick and fret at the same time that fast. So they hammer it all.

But seriously, don't hammer. Learning to coordinate your picking and fretting is essential to becoming a better guitar player. If I could find my web-cam, I'd film me playing it for you guys to see. I'll see if I can do that actually.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Haha, n00bs don't have the coordination to pick and fret at the same time that fast. So they hammer it all.

When I say hammer, I mean, there's no picking involved. Its insanly hard, but I'll get it. Listen to the Know Your Enemy solo, there is no picking involved.