Anyone every use these? are they ridiculously small or what? im considering trying them.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Ive played a Shecter C-1 Classic with .08's before. I think those perticular ones were the Yngwie Malmsteen signature Dean Markley's. They play well, but they are very thin. bending is almost efforltess, but i dont like the feel of them much. If your looking for something that is easy on bending i would recomend .09-.42. I use those and i like them alot. To answer your question though, .08's are thin strings but they work fine. All i can really say is go out and buy a pack of them, put them on your guitar and see how you like the feel and sound of them.
Slave To The Shred
They are ridiculously retarded, well in my opinion anyway, I can't stand strings below .011, i use .015s by the way, my 2nd fav is .013s, and it doesn't hurt my ability to play fast or anything, except the ridiculously high action (1.5cm off the 12th fret)

Don't bother, otherwise get .007.
Quote by Invictious
They are ridiculously retarded, well in my opinion anyway, I can't stand strings below .011, i use .015s by the way, my 2nd fav is .013s, and it doesn't hurt my ability to play fast or anything, except the ridiculously high action (1.5cm off the 12th fret)

Don't bother, otherwise get .007.

Whats your top string with a .15 set?

The 8s will just be easy to bend. You should be able to play pretty fast with them, but chords and stuff mite sound off because any sideways pressure could bend them and put the chord out of tune.
8s are the best in my opinion if you can put 8s on lower the action and get it calibrated you can breath on a fret and play that note all day. Id say go with 8s.
Quote by TheFluffy
Whats your top string with a .15 set?

.015 is my highest string

.070 is my lowest string

Yea, heavy top, insanely heavy bottom, fun!

My nuts a really big, and I mean my nut grooves are real big! Missisipi River could flow through that.
You might find that your high e string won't last too well using .08's. It's just too small. I don't think that you'd ever need to have better action lower than what a decently set-up guitar with .09's has.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join