I have this guitar, its a 7-string, and i love it. Im not sure the price of it when it was still produced (before 2002), but i got a great deal on it, used for about $350. I asked the guy at the store, he told me that it was probably around $600-$700. its got a floyd rose, and duncan designed pickups (i plan on switching the bridge pickup to an SD Invader, but the neck one is alright for cleans.)

Anyway, i love this guitar. Have any of you played one or own one? What is your opinion on it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I had to buy this guitar myself. Im only 14, and without a job, so money isnt so easy for me. Later this year or next year im gonna try to get a job, making stuff a lot easier..
anyway,

O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Jul 31, 2006,
judging by the specs (i'm a specs hoar) it's a pretty good entry level guitar, as far as entry level guitars go it's definately up there. It's floyd rose licensed, but in ESP's that might be good (not sure, i know Ibanez make some good licensed ones). Good for a 14 year old mate, looks good too, upgrade it in a year or 2 to a mid range ibanez, and then eventually to a higher end Ltd-400 esq guitar.
Sorry bro, I don't like it. I'm just not a fan of agathis bodied guitars, of low end LTDs in general.
Quote by suicidalmoose
judging by the specs (i'm a specs hoar) it's a pretty good entry level guitar, as far as entry level guitars go it's definately up there. It's floyd rose licensed, but in ESP's that might be good (not sure, i know Ibanez make some good licensed ones). Good for a 14 year old mate, looks good too, upgrade it in a year or 2 to a mid range ibanez, and then eventually to a higher end Ltd-400 esq guitar.

Thanks, Yeah i know its not the best for an ESP. but i was looking for a 7-string in my price range. I was also planning on upgrading to either a schecter c-1 classic, or an ibanez rg1570. Thats once i can get a job, though.

Quote by Danno13
Sorry bro, I don't like it. I'm just not a fan of agathis bodied guitars, of low end LTDs in general.

Its not agathis, its basswood. I bought it thinking it was alder, because i read a bunch of reviews saying it was alder. I guess its not. And its not really 'low end', considering it was 600-700 new, and not an actualy ESP (kinda like how a epiphone is to a gibson)
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
And its not really 'low end', considering it was 600-700 new, and not an actualy ESP (kinda like how a epiphone is to a gibson)

What? rephrase that.
Quote by Danno13

Eh, it's not too low end. Better than the 100s or 50s.

It seems to be a nice guitar, I don't know what you really want out of this thread though...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

actually.. it is agathis. Just like the M-200. Look it up on the ESP site.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Yea, it's Agathis. I didn't know it was an issue though...

Pretty much, all LTD 200 models and lower are Agathis bodied.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

If my memory serves (as it often does), lower-end LTD guitars have only recently been switched to agathis bodies, and they used to be basswood.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^Mm, con! Basswood is better isn't it?
- FJ

Quote by flyingjew34
^Mm, con! Basswood is better isn't it?

It's good enough for Vai and Satriani, so yeah, it's a better tone wood than agathis.

Generally, agathis guitars are victims of cost cutting. Entry-level market seems to be steadily going that way.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^Yea, damnation! But all ESP is doing is making more profit off their guitars. The prices didn't change when the woods did. Although, they still make the 400 models out of Alder and Mahogany. Course who knows when those will be downgraded to basswood?
- FJ

Quote by flyingjew34
^Yea, damnation! But all ESP is doing is making more profit off their guitars. The prices didn't change when the woods did. Although, they still make the 400 models out of Alder and Mahogany. Course who knows when those will be downgraded to basswood?

Basswood isn't a downgrade to either of those, really. I own a basswood guitar, and alder guitar, and a mahogany guitar - all reasonably high-end, and I can't say that one of them is worse. Basswood has a light and warm tone, mahogany is heavy and warm, alder is a brighter wood.

Now, I also own an agathis guitar, and that's where you feel the difference. It's hollow and spiritless. Suffice it to say, it will be enough for eight people out of ten that buy a stereotypical agathis guitar (cheap and metal-aimed). They'll just plug it into their Marshall MG or Spider and switch to the dirty channel (muddy channel?). Lots of kids buy guitars just for that, and ESP sells a lot of LTDs on that premise. There just aren't any better requirements for those guitars, so why make them more costly to manufacture?
I have a Spider, but I don't use any of the channels except clean. I have a Metal Master Distortion Pedal that I run through that. I will buying an MH-400 here soon, which is alder. Will that sound decent. It has (EMG) 81's on it...
- FJ

Quote by Danno13
What? rephrase that.

oh, i meant like...since it was 600-700 dollars, it cant be too low end, because the 100's or 50's are around 400 or less. I was relating it to how it wasnt really an ESP, but an Ltd, like how an Epiphone is to a Gibson;

ESP > Ltd
Gibson > Epiphone

and the reason for this thread was just to see what other people thought of this guitar, because i wanted to know if it really wasnt a bad guitar.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile