alright, im going to be in the market for an amp soon. right now i have an rg75, 75 watts solid state... metal tones... nothing else. I'm moving out of my townhouse where i can hardly even turn the amp on into a real.. house... thats big and ill be jamming with drums quite a bit.

I want something tube... and decent size, i'll have some gig opportunity's this year and it may not be playing metal so the randall might have to be shafted.

Anyways on with this ****, i was wondering if i could play a 50w tube amp with enough volume to sound good in my house, my parents don't care how loud i play they actually encourage cranking it(insert masturbation joke here) so the volume inside the house is no problem. but will i have to play too loudly to get a good tone... so loud that my neighours in their houses will hear?

I was at first looking into the dsl100 but thats overkill... then i looked at combos and theyre all pretty much 1x12's. But the 50w head would be fine i think cause its loud enough for gigs but not too loud to play at home or jamming. Could i use this through a 2X12? i want a 2x12 for at home and jamming at other houses and **** then a 4x12 for gigs. will it be louder through a 4x12 then a 2x12? should i just go straight for the 4x12?

and i know people are gonna suggest other brands of tube but i need versatilty... hella versatility. I need to be able to play gnarly metal, dark blues, southern ****, still have cleans and even some punky ****.
flame ....you....please.....oh ****, i just had an orgasm....lol jp
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Price range?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
um im guessing not too much over a grand canadian for the head , im sure i can look used and get a dsl head for less then a grand, but i already pretty much know which amp im going for, i just need to know about cabinet sizes and volume without an atteneuator and ****.
Why don't you get a tube Combo?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
i answered that in the first post. cant find much for tube 2x12, like the idea of being able to go through a 2x12 or 4x12
get a combo, look into vox they make killer tube combos, you dont need a head, 4x12's handling 50 tube watts is enough for a medium gig, crazy bro. just get either a 1x12 or 2x12, vox make awesome combos, so does peavey, look into those, also, fender, dont go into marshall, marshall are complete crap nowadays and will totally rip you off
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
i was going used. im also looking to play metal too... can i play much metal through a vox? or fender?
JSX could probably work, planty gain? i think i heard bad stuff somewhere in that 5150 thread about them
The JSX has great gain, and choices between a beefy of a regular gain, it also has some beautilful cleans.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
id get a combo, some of them have speaker jacks in the back so you can play through a 4x12 if you so choose, my current amp has that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm