Page 1 of 2
Just thought I'd make a thread for one of my fave bands. (Couldn't find any other threads on em. If there are, please kindly let me know.)

Symphony X have got to be one of the best progressive/power metal bands out there.
Michael Romeo is a fucking beast. Hes my main inspiration on guitar.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7009717784359951330&q=sea+of+lies

Anyways, your opinions?
What do you expect from the new album?

Edit: Oh and, *Punches night_lights*
roar
I have The Oddessy and their s/t. I couldn't stand the vocalist on the s/t, but The Oddessey is awesome. I've been wanting to get more of their stuff, but other stuff keeps coming up.

If the new album is anything like The Oddessey, I'll definitely be picking it up.
New-ish to symphony X, and already Im a massive fan.

Love Romeo's style. He's pretty much a faster, cleaner, much more creative and melodic version of Yngwie.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by Hot Pants
New-ish to symphony X, and already Im a massive fan.

Love Romeo's style. He's pretty much a faster, cleaner, much more creative and melodic version of Yngwie.

Although I love both guitarists, yeah I have to agree.

Their styles are quite similar though. Just a bit.
roar
Likewise. Symphony X is one of my favorite bands, if not my #1. I love Romeo's trademark string-skipping taps that can be heard in most songs. Jason Rullo is a severely underrated drummer I think, he can probably be a match for Portnoy, and Michael LePond is up to par with other bass virtuosos. Michael Pinella is probably one of the most gifted keyboardists in metal along with Jens Johansson and maybe Janne Wirman. Finally, Russel Allen is what takes Symphony X over the top. Incredible talent in this band.

Oh, and 'Divine Wings of Tragedy' is another landmark album that should be placed along side Helloween's 'Keeper of the Seven Keys pt. II' and Metallica's 'Master of Puppets' or 'Kill 'Em All'.

Symphony X ftw.
i love The Damnation Game. their later albums arent as good, but Romeo is a fantastic guitarist. Not as familiar with Divine Wings of Tragedy as it seems i should...i will give another listen
I can't wait to hear the new album.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy > my soul. The title track is the most epic song ever.
Symphony X > j00

/thread
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
The Odyssey is one of the best albums I've ever heard in all genres of music. over 70 minutes of sheer brilliance. I'm a huge fan of the band, they have a unique sound and it's always fun to hear something by them. Damnation Game and Divine Wings also kick ass. I can't wait for the new album.
Symphony X is amazing. I love Inferno.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
one of you guys should megaupload one of their albums for me.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by DirgeForTheSun
you should not be cheap and buy either divine wings, twilight on olympus, or the oddysey

hey do a friend a favor

i just want to hear them. of course ill buy it if its good.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Awesome band, but I can usually only handle them in small doses.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Why is it that V - The New Mythology Suite gets no love around here? It's as good as anything else they've ever released but no one ever mentions it.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by Davidian
If you get the feces of you keyboard from the last time you had anal sex with a emo fag you would could acutally flame me!

EMO FAG

At least my family isn't comprised of luncheon meats, you whore.
Quote by Metal Matt
Why is it that V - The New Mythology Suite gets no love around here? It's as good as anything else they've ever released but no one ever mentions it.

well, personally, I found it to be one of their more tame realeases, but still a great album tho

Anyways, Symphony X is one of the few bands out there where every member is unbelievably talented
They're like my second fav band of all time!

I can't wait for the next album...The Odyssey was like, a ****in masterpiece among masterpieces
Quote by Davidian
Well at least my nose does not hide the remains of past nasal rape abuse you goddamn gimb junky.

At least it wasn't nasal rape abuse of an emo goddamn emo fag.
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life
I can't wait for the next album...The Odyssey was like, a ****in masterpiece among masterpieces

True that. I'm definitely looking forward to the new album. Odyssey kicked my ass all over the place, and with 4 years to write material, they've probably come up with some kick ass stuff.

Oh yeah, for those of you who don't frequent the Symphony X forums over at Ultimate Metal, this was posted a day or two ago.

Oh, and a few teasers about the new cd (call this a forum easter egg of sorts; a hidden goodie *grin*): the name of the new cd is Paradise Lost, & the last time we talked about it, MJR said he had found an awesome artist who wants to do something really spectacular with the liner. I spoke to Mike briefly on Friday, & Jason was there at The Dungeon finishing up his recording; Mike said he'd call me later in the weekend to give me a more detailed studio report, but he sounded quite pleased with how things are progressing. So there'll be a new studio report soon..

They said it'd be a more darker album, and with a name like Paradise Lost, how can you go wrong?
I have a feeling the cover art will be awesome for some reason. The name is okay, but yeah.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
man, now I really can't wait for it, I love that dark sounding stuff; kinda like Adagio

anyone else here know about them?
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
one of you guys should megaupload one of their albums for me.

Check your pm.

Quote by Metal Matt

You're right. Its an awesome album (as well as all the others). I'd probably rate it my second or third favourite Symphony X album.

And goddamn. I'm getting a boner just thinking about the new album.

Edit:
Quote by SGRocker0791

I even posted on it.

Well that was quite a while ago. This is the new thread.
roar
I have The Divine Wings of Tragedy, Twilight in Olympus, and The Odyssey. The Odyssey is my favorite so far and it's the pwnage IMO.

KING OF TERRORS! < I really like the main riff to it. Very catchy.
Quote by Metal Matt

Well it's a very good album (it has Symphony X written on it doesn't it?), but it c0omes fourth after Odyssey, Divine, Damnation. Twilight in Olympus is the only one I never got into as much. But yeah, V has many good songs also: Evolution, A Fool's Paradise, Egypt, Fallen, etc.
Quote by chemicalsolutio
Well it's a very good album (it has Symphony X written on it doesn't it?), but it c0omes fourth after Odyssey, Divine, Damnation. Twilight in Olympus is the only one I never got into as much. But yeah, V has many good songs also: Evolution, A Fool's Paradise, Egypt, Fallen, etc.

AfuckinMEN !

Those tunes are so killer. Just those alone make that album worth getting for a fan of prog in general

btw, anyone else get into Adagio at all?
Last edited by Shreddin 4 Life at Aug 2, 2006,
i have the Odyssey and the Divine Wings of Tragedy and i love and cherish them both becuase Symphony X is one of my favorite bands.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Quote by Night_Lights
Sea of Lies is a cool ****ing song.

Damnnation Game album is pretty meh....

I though you hated them?
Quote by SGRocker0791
I though you hated them?

He does. (although maybe he had a change in heart...)

He just doesn't wanna get his ass flamed by all the Symphony X fanboys...

Edit:
Quote by SGRocker0791
SHE is not a bro.

Hes a She now?
roar
From another thread:

Quote by <><

Didn't I once call you 'dude', and you said 'I'm not a dude'?

Quote by chemicalsolutio
ah yes I remember now, I knew I had said something misleading but couldn't remember.
Page 1 of 2