Page 1 of 4
What in your opinion is the hardest to play metal song. I'm not just talking only about the solos, but rather the song as a whole (especially the guitars, rhythm and lead).
im thinking anything by Marduk
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
What in your opinion is the hardest to play metal song. I'm not just talking only about the solos...
sure why would you!? with a lot of bands the rhythm can be harder to play than the lead. Nile, Immolation, etc
i dont think there is one definitive hardest song to play, unless i go write something up on guitar pro which requires thrills across 17 frets at 250bpm, and a rhythm section which comprises nothing but 8 string sweeps, etc etc.
Quote by Muse-Citizen
The Poison Was The Cure - Megadeth!

I have to agree with you and i would have to say that the whole rust in piece album by megadeth is quite a workout.
Gear:
Gibson les paul custom (black beauty)
Pickups: Emg 81/85 (zakk wylde set)
Bogner Ubershall
Quote by Nickster
If you wanna know the hardest metal start with the people who birthed metal, Metallica!

Yes, ofcourse, because Metallica are way more technically proficient than Nile, Necrophagists and Cryptopsy put together, yeah
Some bands you should check out. These guys are very brutal, very proficient, very technical, and I love them. Plus theres no way you can get any of these songs on your first shot, unless you are the guys themselves :P

Nile (Lashed to the Slave Stick, Unas, etc)

Necrophagist ( Advanced Corpse Tumor, Diminished to Be, Stabwound, Fermented Offal Discharge, etc)

Cryptopsy (Open Face Surgery, etc)

Cacaphony (Speed Metal Symphony) This one isnt brutal though. Cept on your fingers and picks.
Quote by Nickster
If you wanna know the hardest metal start with the people who birthed metal, Metallica!

Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
meshuggah-new millennium cyanide(chaosphere)

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Last edited by rg_metal at Jul 31, 2006,
I had forgotten all about Frantic Disembowelment.. Its not too hard though, at least not as hard as the other stuff here, its just broken arpeggios
Nile, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Coroner, Gorguts, Disgorge and some Suffocation stuff is all quite hard to play.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by insideac
I had forgotten all about Frantic Disembowelment.. Its not too hard though, at least not as hard as the other stuff here, its just broken arpeggios

Frantic Disembowlment really isn't that hard, the video made it look like a monster to play, and when I downloaded the Powertab it seemed just hard, but it really isn't that hard. I would easily say Necrophagist or Cryptopsy>Frantic Disembowlment.
-Mike
Quote by insideac
Cacaphony (Speed Metal Symphony) This one isnt brutal though. Cept on your fingers and picks.

It's Cacophony, and yeah, its not the heaviest metal out there, but sweet Jesus that stuff is a real bitch to play.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by dauc6
I have to agree with you and i would have to say that the whole rust in piece album by megadeth is quite a workout.

Damn right it is.... but its an immense album! id recomend it to anyone!
Quote by Prophet of Page
It's Cacophony, and yeah, its not the heaviest metal out there, but sweet Jesus that stuff is a real bitch to play.

If you want to classify that kind of shred with metal, than yeah, that takes the prize.

Perpetual Burn is pretty fucking hard.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Some Atheist songs are pretty hard to play. Also Voivod.
Last edited by laffyjam at Jul 31, 2006,
Nu metal sucks, anything with some fat jackass clearing his voice is a joke. Metallica may not be the most technical and they may not shred all the time but kirk hammet and james offer something more then shredding. I stand by that fact that i think Metallica Kicks Ass
Quote by Mr. President
Im surprised that no Dream Theater, Nevermore, or Dragonforce has been said yet.

Im suprised as well!!! listen to The Psalm of Lydia by Nevermore... bloddy hard!
These may not be that hard, but they're fun as hell to play. Anything by Dimmu Borgir. If you're looking for technicality, check out their album "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia"
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Alucard II
sure why would you!? with a lot of bands the rhythm can be harder to play than the lead. Nile, Immolation, etc
i dont think there is one definitive hardest song to play, unless i go write something up on guitar pro which requires thrills across 17 frets at 250bpm, and a rhythm section which comprises nothing but 8 string sweeps, etc etc.

Sounds sorta like Jeff Loomis there....and on that note, some Nevermore is badass, along with some older Death and Control Denied. Dragonforce............
Dragonforce isnt technically fast, its mostly tremolo picking and 3 notes per string. That stuff isnt really as hard as the other stuff on here. A good and a little hard to learn at first song by Dream Theater would be a song called Fatal Tragedy. The piano/guitar solo duel in that song is beautiful, and can be a pain in the ass to learn for the intermediate players. Maybe even some advanced ones.
THE WHOLE RUST IN PEACE ALBUM!!!!!!!

thats all i gotta say
Do Unto Others As They Have Done To You,
But What The Hell Is This World Coming To?
Blow The Universe Into Nothingness,
Nuclear Warfare Shall Lay Us To Rest!

METALLICA - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE
how about metropolis part 1 by dream theatre, just for starters, especially the disjointed part in the middle
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Cryptopsy - Adeste Infidelis.

That has have the fastest fucking tremolo picking I've ever heard.
quite obviously Lack of Comprehension by Death OMG drumming is mental and guitar
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Eeeeeemmmmaaaaacccccccciiiiiiaaaaaaattttttteeeee!!!!!!

I'm assuming you're talking about the band from England, and if you are...

DDDDDAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNN RRRRIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Death is hard.. Necropaghist and Nile definitely.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Page 1 of 4