please help me im playing The Awakening by Les Claypool

i get the whole song but i can't do harmonics i just pluck 'em.

can i teach me how to do it?
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
put your finger LIGHTLY over the string... dont fret the string, just put your finger on the string and pluck
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
when i do then i always face the point of the pick towards the bridge and move my thumb down so my thumb and the pick are hitting the string

but if that doesnt help you im sorry
oh PINCH harmonics?

^do what he said^

and practice
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
put your finger LIGHTLY over the string... dont fret the string, just put your finger on the string and pluck

i do it, but i sounds so soft...
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
harmonics sound out more, and are easier to play if you solo out the bridge pickup and play by the bridge. and as with everything else it gets easier with practice

edit: i forgot to say how to do one . just put you finger lightly on the string, and only at one point, if any other fingers touch the sting it stops the harmonic.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Last edited by purple-giraffe at Jul 31, 2006,
Also, if you have your mids dropped out a lot they are harder to sound. Digging in more with your right hand helps as well. Harmonics take practice. You need to know where exactly to fret to make each harmonic sound. Move your left hand around to find a spot where the harmonic sounds better. Most of the time it is directly over the fret itself.

Your bass could also need a bridge adjustment. Play the 12th fret harmonic on any string and then play the actual 12th fret. Those two pitches should match. If they don't, then the intonation on that particular string is out of wack. You need to adjust the bridge's saddles to fix the intonation. If you don't know how to, I suggest bringing it to a shop to get the bass set up properly.

Even though this is for guitar, it should help.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/harmonics_for_beginners.html

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.