When i turn my amp up full, there is a german talker, can an amp, or pickup....detect radio waves?.......it does it with my phone, when i play my music on my phone, it comes through my amp,

its a single coil, fender strat stock, my amp is line6 spider 2, it confused the hell outa me, where is there a german guy in my amp?

could it be a neighbours radio? or something on their TV? i live in england, not germany lol

EDIT : i dont think this is the right forum, its todo with an amp, but should it go in the pit?
If you cant do it, do it anyway, its more fun
you know youre a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend

Quote by Floyd1122
Next is Sharks on a Rollercoaster: You must be this tall....to DIE!

Last edited by dopey_toad at Jul 31, 2006,
thats fender for ya

if your elevation is JUST right, you pick up radio waves
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
i get that sometimes also i think it does pick up stuff yeah but god knows how, i just turn my amps effects down and they go away
any unshielded wire in your amp, guitar, effect, etc..., can act as an antennae.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
elevation?

should i pick my guitar up? lol
you know youre a guitar player when you finger your fretboard more than your girlfriend

Quote by Floyd1122

well, if your house has multiple floors i suggest moving lower

OR it could be one of those top-secret Zimmerman note type ****

learn German and listen
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
lol, secret german war plans,

im only on the 1st floor, we dont have any higher

Quote by Floyd1122

ahh, i see

if you have a relative or a buddy that knows electronics, have them re-cover your wires with whatever it is they cover wires with

may costy you a buck or two cuz you gotta A)find the source (guitar or amp) and B) you gotta find the wire doin it

and f that dont work... then at least you have shiney new wires
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
yeah guitars, esp single coil pickups but humbuckers can too, can pickup short wave radio frequencies, i get some mexican station on my epiphone strat copy sometimes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
my squier strat picked up waves from a radio station that played brittney spears all of the time. right when i stoped playing aerosmith i would hear "hit me baby one more time"
sounds good lol

"where did you get the britney/aero smith from?"

Quote by Floyd1122

My friend was picking up the radio station his mom was listening to one floor below us with his amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
OMFG The Germans are coming!!!

no seriously, is it a radio station or is it really like the voice of a man without any music or... because that would be pretty creepy.
try to go practice in a different room perhaps? or put your amp in a different position/place.
ya sometimes if im near some electronic stuff other than my amp and pedals like computers or tvs ill pick up some sound off of them as wel but then i jusit them off and its all good
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
it's a german guy stuck inside your amp. Line 6 quality control is pretty crappy...

erock's right.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?