Page 1 of 3
...I still think he and those solos are shit
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
they all kind of sound the same
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Ahh yes, the joys of owning their first and second album. If anyone had ever seen them live, they'd know Billie Joe does some shred just to be a complete show-off. I think he knows they're are people who think he sucks there....of course, I voluntarily went to a Green Day concert so my opinion probably doesn't matter.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
He's pretty good actually, they do all have the same feel, but 90% of SRVs stuff was similar too =)
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
how do u know thats him? u cant even see him. i still beleive that Billy Joe Armstrong blows chunks at guitar. if you show me a VIDEO of him soloing where i can see him, then maybe i might change my mind. maybe
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
All these songs are off 1039 smoothed out slappy hours and kerplunk, the albums BEFORE Dookie. Pretty cool punk solos.
EDIT: It is 100% Billie Joe.
why is there no video ??

and guys...........X-boy is back !!!!
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
They're quite good, but they all follow the same formula really.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by JohnnyLovesYou
All these songs are off 1039 smoothed out slappy hours and kerplunk, the albums BEFORE Dookie. Pretty cool punk solos.
EDIT: It is 100% Billie Joe.

Oh...so Billie Joe played shred before he found out about Powerchords 4 albums after he "shredded"?

Bullshit
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by Vantage
who the hell are you?

ok didnt go too well.....ah i am an inoccent bystander forget me and let me slit my wrists
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Pretty neat if that's actually him. Kinda hard to believe without a video though.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Methinks they all sound the same.
member #2 [red army] of the Red vs. Blue Club. PM fret13 to join.
(I wasn't cool enough for a name)
Quote by RHCP94
Pfft, we all know Yakult isn't a person.
Quote by La Qotsa
Oh...so Billie Joe played shred before he found out about Powerchords 4 albums after he "shredded"?

Bullshit

actually, the reason he abandoned (sp?) the solos and all is it didnt appeal to a mainstream crowd, by singing with a major label he had to take out the complex solos becuase most of the music listeners at the time didnt have the attention span to listen to an actual guitar solo. Grunge had most of the power back then and it wasn't exactly Neo-Classical (not to say Billie Joe is, but you get the idea) Anyway, the reason there are no more solos is so Green Day can keep all their little fans, because mainstream music listeners are, for the most part, fairly ignorant.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized

I mean, the man doesn't have a job, I'm sure somewhere in between doing concerts and being in the studio, he has time to actually play guitar. Sorry, but I can kinda understand, if Billy Joel put out a classical guitar album, even if it was good, and probably only sell 5 CDs. His next album could have him ripping it up and people would still be like "Well, he's not bad I guess" and make some money... or he could play 4 power chords and make multi-millions.

Its America people, the golden dream is to make as much money with as little work as possible, its great how he's so resented.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by PinkFender_69
actually, the reason he abandoned (sp?) the solos and all is it didnt appeal to a mainstream crowd, by singing with a major label he had to take out the complex solos becuase most of the music listeners at the time didnt have the attention span to listen to an actual guitar solo. Grunge had most of the power back then and it wasn't exactly Neo-Classical (not to say Billie Joe is, but you get the idea) Anyway, the reason there are no more solos is so Green Day can keep all their little fans, because mainstream music listeners are, for the most part, fairly ignorant.

You just thouroghly proved that Green Day sold out.
Quote by CowboyUp
You just thouroghly proved that Green Day sold out.

*shrug* i thought it was pretty clear to most people
Quote by adamk991100

Quote by Weaponized

Quote by CowboyUp
I know, I was giving you applause

Me? Applause? Woot!!!
Quote by adamk991100

Quote by Weaponized

Quote by La Qotsa

Bullshit

he grew up playing Motley Crue/VanHalen covers before he discoverred punk by way of the clash and the sex pistols, so i guess it would make sense that he got into more solo intensive stuff at the beginning......
If you don't believe, even look up tabs for some of those songs. They are really his.

I was thouroghly surprised though. Some of those licks were shreddy sounding.
I cannot believe that is Billy Joe. If it is, my respect for him just went up 99%.

Although, I have an actual video of him soloing and he sucks...=\
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Vantage

who are you really...

well no i used to post frequently with wacky stuff and even in the ms paint comp and i moved to bangalore for my studies so i havents been posting lately and the post was my first in a long time so i just said i was back....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

And people HAVE to play punk as 4 damn powerchords?

Down the punk, I'm sorry, this video just hasn't proven that Billy Joe was good...ever...to me

EDIT: Flame away...
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Last edited by La Qotsa at Jul 31, 2006,
I actually knida enjoyed that...
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
thats not really impressive...at all
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."